so i've been brewing for a living for almost two months now...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boiler up

Reaction score
and i love it. i have one of the best jobs ever. it's a dream come true. i bust my ass and it pays off.

i'm in charge of chillproofing and lagering. it's an incredible experience.

and to all of you who said i wouldn't be involved with the actual brewing...well you're wrong. i come home smelling like beer. i'm covered in wort, ruh beer, finished beer, everything by the end of the day. sometimes i'm up to my knees in beer.

i'll answer as many questions as i'm allowed, so ask away if you're interested.

BierMuncher said:
First question: Where are you working and what is their claim-to-fame beer?

Second: Do you get free beer? If so...I hate you.:cross:

anhesuer-busch's research pilot brewery

and yes. i do.

and i'm in st. louis too!

Boils:

Pretty envious I must say!! Money means little if you don't love your job. I'm too new to ask about lagering, however you better get something in your primary soon or you will be enjoying some of the pilot brew instead of your own good stuff.

Cheers.

John

Primary: empty
Secondary: #1 Autumn Amber Ale
On Deck: Octane IPA

I have a serious question for you boiler. Have you brewed Bud?

If so, I know you can't reveal any trade secrets, but would I, as a brewer who prefers to only use grain, hops, water, and yeast be disappointed or disgusted with some of the other things/adjuncts they put in their beer?:drunk:

Orpheus said:
I have a serious question for you boiler. Have you brewed Bud?

If so, I know you can't reveal any trade secrets, but would I, as a brewer who prefers to only use grain, hops, water, and yeast be disappointed or disgusted with some of the other things/adjuncts they put in their beer?:drunk:

no, you would not be disappointed because everything that is in a bud they tell you.

barley malt, rice, and hops. seriously.

boiler up said:
no, you would not be disappointed because everything that is in a bud they tell you.

barley malt, rice, and hops. seriously.

And water, right? I KNOW there is water in there I can taste it.:p

Congrats man, cool job!

Congrats bro... I know I won't have much luck here, but I have to say it...

threadworthlesswithoutpics8wa.gif

:mug:

Congrats. As much as I despise budweiser (except the steins), working in any brewery would only benefit a persons knowledge.

Fantastic!

I have a buddy that was doing some work at the AB plant in north Jersey and his description of the process and the production line was fascinating.

Are you getting to work with any heavy hitters? Recipe formulation or grunt work for now?

brewt00l said:
Fantastic!

I have a buddy that was doing some work at the AB plant in north Jersey and his description of the process and the production line was fascinating.

Are you getting to work with any heavy hitters? Recipe formulation or grunt work for now?

i actually sat down with the director of brewing today. August IV drinks our beers personally to see how the research is going. i am involved with all of the processes including recipe formation and the grunt work. it's the real deal. we don't just brew buds as well. we brew up some pretty amazing brews.

boiler up said:
i actually sat down with the director of brewing today. August IV drinks our beers personally to see how the research is going. i am involved with all of the processes including recipe formation and the grunt work. it's the real deal. we don't just brew buds as well. we brew up some pretty amazing brews.
I think you ought to suggest pulling in a local (biermuncher) homebrewer who has a real passion (biermuncher) for brewing.

This local homebrewer (biermuncher) could sit in on a round table discussion, participate in recipe development and discuss what's right and wrong with the mass marketed beers.

If only there were a local homebrewer (biermuncher) who lived in the area of AB...:D

Latest posts

Back