What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stoudts American Pale ale.
Just arrived in SC at local beer distributor. I grew up about 20miles from the stoudts brewery in Adamstown pa. asked distributor to get me some Stoudts Scarlet Lady ESB. MMMMMMM MY FAVORITE! Real taste of HOME.

Stone Ruination
ruination.jpg

edit...

And it is totally awesome! :rockin::ban::rockin::ban:

Left Coast Hop Juice Double IPA
hopjuice.jpg
I seem to have acquired a few Double IPAs over the last month or so... :rockin::ban::tank::drunk:
Pliney the Elder ... check
Stone Ruination ... check
Left Coast Hop Juice ... check
Up next time... Moylan's Hopsickle

Marston's Pedigree

pedigree.jpg

It's not bad. Nothing great. I think if I wasn't paying an inflated import price it would be better ;)

I used to like that on draught when I lived in the UK, but I wasn't a level 5 beer geek yet. I visited the UK last spring again and brought a bottle home. It was... meh... like you described. I tried to brew a clone of it once from a recipe I found on the internet. That was much worse!

Went out to Three Floyd's for my birthday. Had a Founders Backwoods Bastard, Founders Breakfast Stout, Chimay Triple and a Ommegang Rare Vos. And then two of my friends bought me a big ass jug of Robert The Bruce. I had no idea you could get a jug of whatever's on tape for $12.

Humulus Ambre from The Bruery in Placentia, CA

On tap at the Bruery from a growler fill. It's a strong, hoppy Pale Ale with their Belgian Yeast. If I posted a picture it would look like the above pic of the XP from Bear Republic, color, head and all.

As I have been bad mouthing my local Binny's in the last few weeks i find...

06301.jpg

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA... this after finally finding their Celebration Ale at a new place that seems to have twice as much of a selection of craft/micro brews.

Bear Republic Hop Rod IPA. Very solid beer my second in their line up. The first I had was their Racer 5 and I had a bad bottle. This makes up for it!

Sam Adam's Hallertau Imperial Pilsner. Sorry no photo yet.

Notes:
Dense creamy head dissipates quickly.
Wonderful pale golden color. Slightly hazy/cloudy.
No lacing as I drink it.
Very good balance of hop flavor and malty sweetness. Bitterness is strong, but not obscene. It grows more pronounced as I'm drinking the glass.
Overall, I don't get a "Pilsner" feeling from this beer, more of a very pale Double IPA. Of course my Pilsner experience is limited to Stella and Pilzn Urquell.
Very good beer! ::mug:

Terje

Rode the motorcycle down to the valley at lunch today to hit Trader Joes.

Picked up a 6 each of their Vienna Lager, Hofbrau Bock (7%) and their Kinnebunkport IPA.

I've rotated through each 6'r twice now so feeling pretty fine.

Stone Ruination

It's fantastic. I wouldn't have been able to finish this stuff six months ago, what have you guys done to me?

Before that I had a Goose Island Pere De Jacque and a DFH Aprihops. So many beers, so little time.

Agreed. It's a bizarre beer.

I'm drinking Spaten Premium from a corny. It lost a bit of foam in the transfer from the minikeg. Gotta turn up the gas.
108130446_25e9875eb6.jpg

That's funny. I tapped the same mini keg a month ago at a party. Only a couple of us drank from it and I didn't even think to transfer it to a corny and save the half of it remaining until a few days later when it was too late.

Edmund Fitzgerald Porter

First time purchase but will not be the last. This is very good, reminds me a little of Guiness but is still a porter. Will be taking its place next to my Oberon and Jever pils in the refridgerator (along with my homebrews). I need to finish the six of Sam Adams Irish Red that was given to me, I think three of these porters will help me put away the Red stuff. Big night on cap.:tank:

Sierra Nevadas' new ESB and Torpedo "Extra IPA" - Both are good although personally I like my ESB much better. The Torpedo is delicious. As the beer warms a bit the hop character really starts to come through and is excellent, only for the hop heads out there. I've got family in town and were going to have dinner with them tonight so I'm trying to get in the right mind set for that....time for another Torpedo. Cheers

Back