Brettanomyces Strain Guide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

levifunk

Reaction score
Thanks for the post.

On a side note, what kind of sources exists for the taxonomy of brewer's strains of sacch, brett, and bacteria?

I suppose this is as good as any place to put the info, but I emailed Green Flash to ask what Brett is in their Rayon Vert and I was responded to quickly by one of the owners (which is awesome, by the way) that they use Brett Brux from White Labs. Just to add to the record.

Brandon at Embrace the Funk and I have put together a Brett Strain Guide. It lists all the strains we know of, their taxonomy, source, and flavor/aroma profile. Hopefully this is helpful to some of you and clears some confusion surrounding the relationship between strains.

http://funkfactorybrewing.blogspot.com/2013/06/brett-strain-guide.html

A big thank you to Al Buck at East Coast Yeast for helping with this.

Thank you for putting this together. It is fantastic information. I copied and pasted it into a Google Doc in my personal brewing folder and will definitely be keeping an eye on it for updates.

If you haven't already, you will want to get in touch with Dmitri at Bkyeast. I'm fermenting with a couple of his strains within the next month. He's a busy guy (is there such a thing as a nonbusy guy) but I think he's doing some rad work.

If you haven't already, you will want to get in touch with Dmitri at Bkyeast. I'm fermenting with a couple of his strains within the next month. He's a busy guy (is there such a thing as a nonbusy guy) but I think he's doing some rad work.

Which strain did you use? I saw he has Brett from Cantillon Iris right now.

There is a tab at the bottom of the list for the Smaller Labs sheet. We are keeping tabs of them, but there isn't much information on those strains.

Back