So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope to. APA on the docket but other things might take precedent. Might be brewing a late night batch.

Brewcast at 02.00 anyone? :D

Brewing a 10 gal. Kolsch on Saturday. It's kind of an AG version of this recipe, but with no wheat and a pared down grain bill and hop schedule to make it truer to style. I'm also using Wyeast 2565 instead of WLP029. It's very similar to Jamil's recipe in the May-June issue of BYO.

Brewing this weekend with a guy off another forum, 25 gallons of English Farmhouse Ale and when we get home from his place making a 5g batch of English Pale Ale and maybe if we have enough time, a 5g of American Amber Ale.

I just got in a couple of 5 gal PET bottles. Planning on getting busy this weekend.
5 gal Apfelwein
1 gal test Pear Cider
7.5 gal Beecave Pale
Hopefully I can get my bastardized Arrogant Bastard the 3rd going too. Probably not though.

Im starting my 1st homebrew this weekend. HexNut Brown Ale from Midwest.
I did my Yeast Starter last night so I will be ready to go!!!!

It'll be a SMaSH for me, Vienna and Simcoe..

8.5 lbs Vienna
3- .5oz additions of Simcoe at 60,20, & 2

Should be an OG of 1.050 and 42 IBU's

Maris Otter Goldings SMaSH

5 gal

13 lbs MO
2 oz Goldings 60 min
1 oz goldings 10 min
1 oz Goldings 5 min
1 oz Golding 2 min
1 oz Goldings dry hop
WLP001

Can't wait to try out my new pot and burner. Got the pot seasoning right now. Planning on my second AG batch, an APA. Kegging a cream ale that has been in primary about a month and pitching onto the cake with the APA.

American Lager tomorrow, bottling the long lost Dunkel tonight. Hoping nothing happens to take me away from brewing as usual!

I'm in the middle of a boil on a wit right now. Not sure how I feel about evening brewing. First time I've brewed after noon.

I'll empty a bucket into a keg tonight so I can brew tomorrow. I'm going to attempt to get grains crushed and everything set up tonight so I can get up before the sun and be finished before my son's little league game.

Now the problem - which stout to brew?

Yard work kept me from brewing last weekend and it just might this weekend as well. Fortunately I've got an SNPA Clone that's ready to be kegged so will do that this evening.

Brewing a Summer Ale recipe I found in "Radical Brewing" and making up my first recipe for a chocolate stout. I think the SWMBO will also be helping!

My just-built MLT is rocking out with some of JZ's Amber Ale, and I think that I'm going to just mash tonight. Then tomorrow, I'll boil up the amber and mash and boil BM's Black Paarl Porter (which I am reaaaaaaaaaaally looking forward to trying).

But as of now, just drinking some Bud Light out of the aluminum cans so that I have some cool aluminum cans...I could use some help if anyone wants to come over......Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

I weighted out grain for a blonde and oktoberfast. I also bought the yeast to brew an altbier. I don't really know which one I will brew this weekend.

I think three 12 gallon batches, 2 with double decoction mashes, is too much for one day...

I am dead tired and just about to mash out the third and final beer for the day. The IPA and Helles look great and the Oktoberfest is shaping up to be the same. Still, I am exhausted!!!

Just finished up my brewday I was supposed to do last weekend. Got 10 Gallons done of Northern Brewers Oatmeal Stout. I stepped up to a thinner mash (2qt per lb) this brew session :eek: , my BHE shot up to %87.72 from a previous avg. of %70. I think I'm going to stick with this ratio. :rockin:

I am still doing the extract dance, but tomorrow I will be brewing an APA (first time) and a Stout recipe that I have made once before that turned out awesome! It's the first time I will attempt double brew day, we'll see how it turns out.

Bottled my AHS Stimulus Package Red today, racked my wheat beer onto six pounds of fresh strawberry puree, and now working on a 2.5 gallon batch of Malkore's Not So Ancient Orange Mead for the Mr. Beer. When my AHS order arrives Monday or so I'll have to decide whether to make the Boddingon's Bitter clone, or the Six Grain Beer I got the silly idea for. :D

got up and finished a dryish stout before noon. First time pitching on a cake from a previous brew. It definitely takes off way sooner, but I've got a weird feeling not sanitizing my bucket.:p I'm expecting to find flesh eating worms in there when I pull a sample in a few weeks.

Finnished up a rye IPA....just starting to hear it begining to bubble! I think it's going to turn out really well.

Finnished up a rye IPA....just starting to hear it begining to bubble! I think it's going to turn out really well.

Gotta love the RyePA.

I did (yet) another batch of my "Wifey Pooh" lite ale. WE have a huge 4th party coming up so the light beers will be in huge demand around the pool when the temps are 85+.

I did (yet) another batch of my "Wifey Pooh" lite ale. WE have a huge 4th party coming up so the light beers will be in huge demand around the pool when the temps are 85+.

Ironically my local package store seemed to have a really large selection of imperial stouts and baltic porters lately. So I'm trying out the Rogue imperial stout (seems a lot like their barley wine, so it's not bad!)...I'm also interested in trying this Baltic porter from Norway I picked up. The most refreshing drink I've actually had was when I was walking around Boston all day during a record heat wave....first thing I ordered was a Guinness and it felt like such a thirst quincher. So I say the imperial ales are great summertime beers :D

I just finished up my first (and last) partial mash. It was an American Pale Ale (Cascade Pale Ale from Midwest).

I picked up a 10 gallon Rubbermaid Cooler today, and I'll be going AG for my next batch.

I'll be brewing up my second batch of Ed's Pale Ale tomorrow. This batch will be kegged rather than bottled.

I just finished up my first (and last) partial mash. It was an American Pale Ale (Cascade Pale Ale from Midwest).

I picked up a 10 gallon Rubbermaid Cooler today, and I'll be going AG for my next batch.

This is exactly what I did. Man, that partial mash convinced me to just get all the right equipment and call it a day!

I have a blonde ale that is getting ready to come to a boil.
8.00 lb Pale Malt, Maris Otter
0.25 lb Honey Malt
0.10 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 10L
1.00 oz Williamette (60 min)
0.50 oz Williamette (20 min)
0.25 oz Williamette (1 min)

Finished up batch #6 on my "new" brew frame. Last week I made my first 10 gallon brew on the system. I made another 10 gallons today.

Finished up the batch, cleaned everything up, just sat down for my first post brew beverage and the skies opened up. Perfect timing, as far as I'm concerned.

That calls for another!

:mug:

The "honey do" list and yardwork has prevented me from brewing the last two weekends. Thank goodness for a stocked pipeline. Getting ready to sparge and then boil BM's Centennial Blonde 10gal AG.

Going for my 4th all grain batch - I am going with BierMuncher's Black Pearl Porter. I can't get Fuggles in time so I ma going with Wilamettte. Friends and family have been after me for a porter for a couple of months.

Wish me luck

15 gallons of Saison Du Mont which turns out to be a Don di Deux clone. This is on Sunday. Saturday I'll be helping a friend brew a Mighty Arrow clone.

Back