Tonight's Dinner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Bob has been jealous of all the food pictures, so he wanted you to see our dinner tonight. He made it from free range chicken (from a friend) and some asparagus, red pepper and cabbage with a sambal oelek terasi (chili shrimp paste) sauce and served over jasmine rice. The big black things are "dried fungus" from a Hmong grocery. The wine is a shiraz I made from a kit.
DSCF0120.JPG

And, if you look out our sliding window- the snow is almost all gone!!!!! Finally.

Melana said:
Is this a special dinner or do you get flowers all of the time? If you do, I'm green with envy!

Dinner looks tasty!

Well, I'd love to tell you that I get flowers all the time. But I do not. Tonight is the prom- and my daughter's boyfriend brought HER flowers, and they left for the prom. The balloons are from my son's birthday. So those weren't for me either!

But, he did make a really nice dinner!

ohiobrewtus said:
Shouldn't there still be a couple of feet of snow on the ground up there?! :D

Yes, actually, there is in most places. But in our yard, that area faces south and the snow melted there! The rest of the yard has quite a bit of snow. Thanks for reminding me. ;)
We went out to our cottage today, and there was plenty of snow out there. But, I prefer to think of it as spring and I choose to ignore the snow. So, I was wet and cold. But optimistic. And had a GREAT dinner!

Ed...My flights always seem to detour through DFW...I'll pick you up on my way. We'll bring our own fork and napkin, but I'll be damned if I go to her house and not try every single fermented beverage she'll let me try.

Back