carbonation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanZ

Reaction score
I bottled exactly 8 days ago and tossed in the priming sugar.

I just went today to check on them, they seem incredibly flat. I don't know if you can tell if its carbonated without opening it.

Should I see any signs of carbonation after 8 days?

they are sitting at room temp in the corner of the house, ill put them in my car for a couple hours I guess and let the sun warm them up

I had one that was 3/4 filled, I just threw it in the fridge

I'm gonna try just to check the progress, and so I know what beer that is opened too early tastes like

I often have beers take 3 or 4 weeks to reach full carbonation, especially if the beer is rather clear when bottling and my house temp is in the mid/upper 60s this time of year.

uwmgdman said:
I often have beers take 3 or 4 weeks to reach full carbonation, especially if the beer is rather clear when bottling and my house temp is in the mid/upper 60s this time of year.

+1

8 days is not long enough. Let them sit for two more full weeks, then put a couple in the fridge for a day (a whole 24 hours), and then try one.

There is no need to mess around with putting them in your car. If they are in a really cool spot, like 55º, then move them someplace in your house that is warmer, say in the 60's.

Just relax, they'll be ready when they are ready. :)

drank one on the 9 day mark just so I can taste the difference

it was very good, I was a little tipsy last night and contemplated drinking several of them.....I have to stay strong and wait the 3 weeks, it's tough though

Back