What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mashing in a witbier and couldn't help but pour me one of these. Going to brew a witbier, a Belgian golden strong and BM centennial blond today with the wife's help.

Cheers folks.

3 brews today? Good grief!

They look tasty.

I am drinking a gravity sample of the Rye Saison that I bottled this morning.

Thanks! It's not too shabby. Second batch of saison I've made with the grist for Bam Biere. 2 batches to bottle for me today. Unlike brewing, bottling seems to go better (or at least be more fun) with lots of beer!

FermentNEthinG said:
Mashing in a witbier and couldn't help but pour me one of these. Going to brew a witbier, a Belgian golden strong and BM centennial blond today with the wife's help.

Cheers folks.

I'm completely jealous. :)
I might have to take a vacation to Vermont this year. I've only had one Heady, but it was enough to make me want more.

Last HB BSGA. Not bad, but better before the hop faded.

image-1232173607.jpg

An Avery White rascal. Amazingly clear for a witbier. How do they do that with a witbier without filtering....no wheat? Wth lol

Large coffee atm. Darn car battery conked out on me at the lhbs in Westlake a lil while ago. Was supposed to have had coffe around noon. But noooo...car had other ideas. Got what I needed though.

An Avery White rascal. Amazingly clear for a witbier. How do they do that with a witbier without filtering....no wheat? Wth lol

I've had wheat's settle clear before. I did think the White Rascal was too clear, even for settling. how'd you like it otherwise?

just got up from a nap (my wife is awesome) and having a little coffee at the moment.

Is the bottle dated? Time heals all wounds and clears most beers.

Not that I reaad the rest of the thread before posting...

I've had wheat's settle clear before. I did think the White Rascal was too clear, even for settling. how'd you like it otherwise?

just got up from a nap (my wife is awesome) and having a little coffee at the moment.

I'm usually not a witbier type of guy, but I really liked this one. Had almost a pale ale malt taste to it, but with coriander and orange peel. Pretty tasty and def one you could kick a few back with. Moving on to HB bopils now.

Who needs a snowblower. Just got done roof raking and shoveling driveway. Lost power during Sandy but this time got lucky and the wind blew it mostly into the woods.

White Birch Svetlanna Oak Aged wild stout has been sitting in the cellar for over a year. Good time to pop it open. Batch one Bottle 237/312. Intense wild aromo on opening. Not overly oaked but the next time I'm going to harvest the funky yeast from the bottom of the bottle. Couldn't get a good picture of the yeast Sneaky 10.6% ABV. I need an excuse for a barrel. Pretty good:

IMAG0256.jpg

A half pint sampler of my Irish Red from my first kegged beer. Not fully carbed, but tasty. Now to empty the rest of the bottles in the beer fridge to make room for more kegs.

Sitting in the hotel room waiting to start up a new project on Monday morning. Thought this would help pass the time.

IMAG0237_zpsd190e534.jpg

My first Belgian Double. Hope it's a good representation of the style.

Sitting in the hotel room waiting to start up a new project on Monday morning. Thought this would help pass the time.

IMAG0237_zpsd190e534.jpg

My first Belgium Double. Hope it's a good representation of the style.

I like that one a lot. Tastes a lot like brandy.

image-3846494110.jpg

Sweetwater LowRYEder IPA. The 25% rye on the label got my attention, taste and aroma are really good, but I think it needs more body. Overall a good beer.

*edit- drinking this right after the Surly Abrasive might have influenced my initial thoughts on this beer.

Brett Brux bottle conditioned saison. Shouldn't be drinking it yet, but at least I will keep my hands off the case I corked.

image-1121188711.jpg

View attachment 99994

Sweetwater LowRYEder IPA. The 25% rye on the label got my attention, taste and aroma are really good, but I think it needs more body. Overall a good beer.

*edit- drinking this right after the Surly Abrasive might have influenced my initial thoughts on this beer.

This is one of my favorites. Sweetwater has a good variety of beers. I have a 420 clone in the primary right now!:mug:

Medicbrewer said:
This is one of my favorites. Sweetwater has a good variety of beers. I have a 420 clone in the primary right now!:mug:

It's pretty good, I think it's a bit thin. They just came into Florida full force a couple of months ago, I bought the winter tackle box this morning at my grocery store. I hope they start bringing in the Dank Tank series here.

Swarley88 said:
This one has a strong aroma of oak and vanilla. Really, really tasty beer. I think I like this one more than the regular Jai Alai. Also a little too drunk to make too many accurate reviews. But this one is really good. Thanks allenH.

I like the white oak a lot, it seems to smooth out the beer quite a bit. The Humidor Jai-Alai (aged on cedar) is my favorite. It's like drinking a Jai-Alai out of a cigar box. Every time I have one, I wish I smoked cigars. Too bad they aren't always available.

I like the white oak a lot, it seems to smooth out the beer quite a bit. The Humidor Jai-Alai (aged on cedar) is my favorite. It's like drinking a Jai-Alai out of a cigar box. Every time I have one, I wish I smoked cigars. Too bad they aren't always available.

We might need to do another trade down the line... The white oaked reminds me of a cigar humidor. Plus I smoke cigars :). I wish I didn't have to go outside into the winter wonderland though to have one, so I don't get to have too many during the winter. Glad you liked the Surly. I had their coffee bender the other day and it was amazing. A good brewery that lives up its hype in my opinion.

LoloMT7 said:
Ninkasi esb preparing to mash in

Are you using one of those kitchen probe thermometers for your mash temps? Those probes are bad news bears. Not designed for use with liquids.

Back