Hop Pre Order Placed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilden

Reaction score
Just finished my Hop pre-order! Looking forward to Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Mt. Hood, Nugget, Perle, Pride of Ringwood, Willamette, Magnum, Sterling, and Zeus. Anyone else place there pre-order yet? If so what are you looking forward to?

Wow - that's quite the selection! If you sucessfully grow all those you will be able to brew almost every beer known to man :)

I have not decided what I am going to grow next year. My first year columbus did very well so I may add 5 plants of this as well as maybe 5 each of centennial and chinook. I'm not sure I will add to my magnum, galena or EK Goldings varieties.
Thanks to Homercidal, I ended up with 17 cascades that did very well so I'm probably good with this variety.

I bought some from Freshops this past spring. They've been in pots up until 3-4 weeks ago when I finally got my raised bed constructed and they're all doing real well so far.

I got mine from tyymegarden.com. I've bought from there before when planting hops in a demonstration garden and had good success (all the hops took and came back the following year). This is my first time buying for myself and I'm hoping for similar success so that I ca take cuttings and propagate.

Greatlakeshops said:
Wow - that's quite the selection! If you sucessfully grow all those you will be able to brew almost every beer known to man :)

Thanks! I'm hopeful. I'll be planting them in the Sonoma county area which prior to the mechanization of the 1950's had 10,000's of acres in hops. I'll try and keep a record of everything and let you all know.

Grow up in RP and went to high school in Sebastopol. Planning on living in the Petaluma area when I get back in a week or so.

Back