Suwanee beer fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup! This is the best beer festival I have been to. Absolutely love it. I'll be entering a beer in the home brew contest as well.

yes I am going to be there! I bought the VIP passes the day they went on sale. Wished I had done that last year. I also entered two beers into the homebrew contest. Is it the 16th yet??

I've got the VIP also... better to drink with 200people than 2,000.... Me and the gf will be getting in at noon and doing beer shots for an hour... :D

Ooops... this is for LAST year... hmmm... how do I delete....

I've won a few medals in the competition in prior years, but I've never been. Stupid tax season...

Oh cool... the guy that won last year went on to start Jekyll Brrewing in Alpharetta.... I like the Hopdamndigity but then again it seems that EVERYONE has an American IPA...

Oh cool... the guy that won last year went on to start Jekyll Brrewing in Alpharetta.... I like the Hopdamndigity but then again it seems that EVERYONE has an American IPA...

Yeah, he's a pretty cool guy, he used to work at Brew Depot in Alpharetta. His beer isn't bad, it's at least better than Red Brick, but I think his marketing is kind of goofy.

Yeah, he's a pretty cool guy, he used to work at Brew Depot in Alpharetta. His beer isn't bad, it's at least better than Red Brick, but I think his marketing is kind of goofy.

OH... well... I just started going back to Brew Depot in Alpharetta... funny, since that contest is sponsored by Brew Depot... lol... Yeah, I tried the brown he has (can't think of the name) and it's ok; just not exactly to my likings.

OH... well... I just started going back to Brew Depot in Alpharetta... funny, since that contest is sponsored by Brew Depot... lol... Yeah, I tried the brown he has (can't think of the name) and it's ok; just not exactly to my likings.

Something like Cooter Brown I think. I've only had his IPA, and it's good, but it definitely doesn't stand out in a market saturated by IPAs. But, I guess in today's world you have to at least offer an IPA if you want people to even notice you.

Something like Cooter Brown I think. I've only had his IPA, and it's good, but it definitely doesn't stand out in a market saturated by IPAs. But, I guess in today's world you have to at least offer an IPA if you want people to even notice you.

YES... Cooter Brown is the name for sure... you're correct about the IPA's; you gotta have one and honestly I'll order the Jekyll because it's local... there's definitely a coolness factor to be drinking a local craft beer. I've also heard that it's a good time if you visit the brewery for a tour (was told by a twenty something year old bartender in Alpharetta). It's just too bad that Georgia Legislation is on the take and won't allow local brewers to sell directly to the public.... It amazes me how Lobbyists are the ones that essentially make the laws.

YES... Cooter Brown is the name for sure... you're correct about the IPA's; you gotta have one and honestly I'll order the Jekyll because it's local... there's definitely a coolness factor to be drinking a local craft beer. I've also heard that it's a good time if you visit the brewery for a tour (was told by a twenty something year old bartender in Alpharetta). It's just too bad that Georgia Legislation is on the take and won't allow local brewers to sell directly to the public.... It amazes me how Lobbyists are the ones that essentially make the laws.

This is ONE of a number of reasons I refuse to drink BMC, or any brewery they have a majority stake in. They have put more money into our legislators' pockets than the majority of people realize. It really is sad, because it makes it so much harder for the small guys to enter the market and compete.

Back