Anybody care to flex their creative muscle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
I've brewed a batch for my wife's cousin as a Christmas gift. I'd really like to have a nice label to go on the bottles which is where my problem comes in. I've got zero photoshop skills and don't even have a program to create a decent label. I've tried with MS Paint but just can't seem to work it. :(

The beer is an American light ale. Her cousin, Jon, is a huge horror movie buff. His room is full of collectibles and pictures signed by actors. He even has numerous tattoos from horror movies.

Anybody care to help a fella out and slap together a label with a horror theme? I am open to anything. Of if anybody has any suggestions for an easy to understand, free program, please let me know. I see that GIMP is free so I suppose I'll check it out and see if I can stumble through it.

Thanks much for any help. :mug:

rabidgerbil said:
Fezzman Presents: An American Ale in London

I had to strap on my lollerblades for that one. :ban: That's good stuff and I may just try to work on that angle.

Thanks for the tips and help so far.

rabidgerbil said:
seemed like a good angle, considering what you were looking for.
you might try doing something that plays off of the original movie poster.

I looked at the poster. There is plenty of room on the left side for a glass of beer, with the wolf on the right. I'm just not sure how I would go about changing the wording.

Another idea that I've had is ALERAISER. There are plenty of pictures of Pinhead holding that puzzle box. That could be made to look as though he were holding a glass. The name ALERAISER just looks a bit odd. :cross:

A friend whipped something up for me. When I trimmed off the collector's edition bands it was the perfect size for a 12oz bottle. :D

image002.jpg

Thats great! You could also edit the cast names at the top with like "brewed by" or "style" anything like that, but thats a very clever one, especially for a horror movie buff.

Nice work!:mug:

MikeInCtown said:
LOL, that is great! Even keep the "Collectors Edition" band at the top.

I ran home for lunch to print it out. My printer gave me the option of printing at 3.5 x 5". That size turned out great except it was too tall so I had to cut the C.E. and widescreen band. I didn't have enough time to see if I could print a custom size. I'll toy more when I'm off work.

I'll likely change the three last names at the top. The font is too small to read the first names but that's no big deal as the effect is still there. The whole picture is a tad pixilated but it will serve it's purpose wonderfully. I'll up the resolution on the printer and see if that cleans it up when I get the chance.

I'm only posting this because I'm still trying to learn how to use gimp and I thought I would show you all my cheap ass attempt.
youngfrankensteinum5.png

zbeeblebrox said:

That actually looks really good. You might could add a silhouette of a beer bottle at the end of "Frankenale" to even it out and make it centered again. Just a suggestion, and I like the original "An American Ale in London" label too. Very cool stuff.

Will & Rabid, those are nice, very nice. I did Fezz's first attempt at the Werewolf image with my 1 semester of Photoshop experience. Rabid's looks much better though.

I played some more and did this for him too.

72vmpuq.jpg

Have at it if you can make it better.

I also did this one for the day after a good night of drinking.
836w652.jpg

Great pic, zbeeblebrox. :fro: Methinks I'll save that as my wallpaper.

Thanks to everyone. I think I'll have a brew now. :rockin:

Back