just bought 4 more corny kegs on eBay...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naptown

Reaction score
Well, 22 days ago I bought a kegerator. I ordered 2 corny kegs on ebay and was overly impressed by the condition when they arrived. I had some beers tonight and pulled the trigger on the iphone ebay app. I have 4 more coming next week.

I'm stepping this up. :mug:

NICE! I really want to keg, but have a cross-country move coming up, makes it tough to justify the kegerator expense and space...for now :mug:

Dude ive been seeing them pop up on ebay and the price is def right. Lemme know how the quality is

I bought 2 from this same seller and I was VERY impressed with the quality. I figured I might as well have all my cornys be from the same supply, with similar condition. For 2, they were right at $50 each, shipped. Buying 4, they are $46 each, shipped. Either way, the condition is MUCH better than the cornys at my LHBS and those are $55 + tax. YMMV.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/29066057023...70236&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

I bought most of my ball locks from pedalbiker, he used to sell them on the Greenboard years ago. Back then 4 were 90 dollars shipped.

WTF, I just followed the link to the cornies and they are 150 buck plus shipping=200 a pop. Hmmmm, sounds like shenanigans to me. Upping the price like that.
Bob

WTF, I just followed the link to the cornies and they are 150 buck plus shipping=200 a pop. Hmmmm, sounds like shenanigans to me. Upping the price like that.
Bob

I am pretty sure it is $150 for 4 cornies + $30 bucks shipping = $180 for 4 (or $45 each).

In NC you can get them for $15 a piece...I had offered to get some for members here before and never got any replies. I will be getting 10 more next week for $150. Those "Deals" are not great deals as the guys selling them pay less then $5. The guy I get them from gets them for free from bottling plants but it costs about $5 each to ship them here (trailer full). He then sends most of them overseas. He always had a lot full of them but not so much any more. Last time I talked to him he said there were less then 150,000 left in North America and most are in Canada.

I also get them for free from the local pepsi distributor. I haven't tried to get more than I have needed because they say they will be continuing to use them here for the next few months. My sales rep told me when they are done I can get what I want. So hopefully I will have a whole bunch to sell really cheap this summer

Bob

Yeah, it's $183 for four kegs. About $45 each.

You guys must off missed the 4 pinlock kegs for $108 plus $43 shipping deal

I did not see that. I'm just buying again from the same reseller because I think the quality is good. I guess I probably paid about $8 too much for a keg, but they are still cheaper and better quality than the ones at my LHBS.

In NC you can get them for $15 a piece...I had offered to get some for members here before and never got any replies. I will be getting 10 more next week for $150. Those "Deals" are not great deals as the guys selling them pay less then $5. The guy I get them from gets them for free from bottling plants but it costs about $5 each to ship them here (trailer full). He then sends most of them overseas. He always had a lot full of them but not so much any more. Last time I talked to him he said there were less then 150,000 left in North America and most are in Canada.

* Sure wish they were as plentiful here in the midwest... Obviously, $15 is much better than $45.

* it's the classic love story - supply meets demand. The price, including your deals, will only get more expensive.

* Can't be mad at those guys, they are just putting food on their table. I do the same thing with different products.

Naptown said:
I bought 2 from this same seller and I was VERY impressed with the quality. I figured I might as well have all my cornys be from the same supply, with similar condition. For 2, they were right at $50 each, shipped. Buying 4, they are $46 each, shipped. Either way, the condition is MUCH better than the cornys at my LHBS and those are $55 + tax. YMMV.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290660570236?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D290660570236%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

My local home brew store sells pony kegs for $40 a piece ... I'm not impressed with this price at all.

lazarus0530 said:
My local home brew store sells pony kegs for $40 a piece ... I'm not impressed with this price at all.

I'm not impressed with your LHBS - $54.95 before tax and shipping. I did just fine at $46 to my door.

Naptown said:
I'm not impressed with your LHBS - $54.95 before tax and shipping. I did just fine at $46 to my door.

I know when I went there and got my keg it was 40 bucks... Maybe I get a valued discount price. ;)

wheels4 said:

Where in NC are you finding this sort of deal?

Back