So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update. My buddy will be back from deployment. Nice! Same brewing plan but it will be good to have him back, and of course, watching him getting trashed off of two, maybe 3 beers.

Brewing the Midwest clone of Sierra Nevada pale ale this weekend. Hopefully the happy holiday brew as well if it comes in time.

Going for New Belgium Abbey Grand Cru clone. Anyone driving close to the brewery is welcome to watch, brew, drink, laugh at the Skins and then root for the G-Men.

Cheers.

Brewing a 13g batch of MG Light Wheat Saturday.

5 gallons will be Blueberry Wheat, 8 gallons will be Light Hefe.

:ban:

NB peat porter and English ale are both on my todo list for Sunday (while listening to foootball in the back yard.

Last night I made up two 2 liters of apfelwein, I just bottled a gallon of joes ancient orange mead.

Tomorrow I will be bottling 5 gallons of a cream ale, and Saturday I will be brewing either carabou slobber or an oatmeal stout!

Its a good week. =D

Doing my first AG Hefeweizen this weekend (second AG batch), supplies arriving tomorrow :) Returned the poor false bottom that I got when ordering my mash tun, first AG was clogged the second I opened the valve and found grain easily got underneath cause the false bottom isn't perfectly flat but rather warped. Have a bazooka screen coming and it's my second AG batch. Rather positive things will go smoother this time!! Wish me luck :D

Rev.

American Pale Ale.

Next brew day - Black Friday. My Marine son and his wife are coming home for Thanksgiving. We'll brew the day after Thanksgiving.

Go Navy!
Semper Fi!

God Bless those who serve our country!

If I can manage it, I'm trying to hit a trifecta this weekend. Tomorrow I'll honor the many veterans in my family (and yours) with a (Bi)Centennial Blonde and my Navy officer brother-in-law in particular for getting me into this hobby with an Augustus Imperial IPA.

If my package arrives from AHS in time, I'll do a Mojave Red on Sunday. If not, I'll do it next weekend :) *SO addicted*

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

Armistice ESB for remembrance day, hopping with magnum and brewers gold for bittering, and challenger and magnum for aroma. The magnum I got from Hops Direct smell awesome, so I'm rocking them right through to aroma to see what happens.

I'm either brewing a "wing it on the hops" centennial IPA this weekend, or picking up my scale so I can measure the hops and brewing two batches next week; a centennial IPA with measured quantity of hops and a King Czar stout (which I'm waiting on yeast from B.M.W for). I have 6.5oz of hops all vaccum sealed in one container so I kinda want to measure out in oz increments as I brew and for dry hopping instead of guessing "yeah that's about an ounce".

Picked up the ingredients for a best bitter.

This will be my 2nd all-grain. I'm convinced, though, that it's (almost) impossible to really screw up all-grain. I bottled a single swing-top of my Apple Pie Ale (to see if it needs some maltodextrin - mashed way too low). It's very dry and somewhat light bodied, but still excellent.

Picked up the ingredients for a best bitter.

This will be my 2nd all-grain. I'm convinced, though, that it's (almost) impossible to really screw up all-grain. I bottled a single swing-top of my Apple Pie Ale (to see if it needs some maltodextrin - mashed way too low). It's very dry and somewhat light bodied, but still excellent.

It's very hard to screw up a best bitter if you have a simple, proven recipe. Good luck !

For me, I hit my mash temperature straight on for the first time in about a half-dozen brew: the last few batches have seen a lot of ice cubes getting thrown in :D

Latest posts

Back