Local Hop Sources? (Portland, OR)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonnieJ

Reaction score
I'm actually in Newberg, not far outside of Portland. I see hop farms around when I drive on the smaller highways. I just realized I am right in the middle of hop country. Can anyone in the area recommend a local (well, at least Willamette valley/Portland area) grower to buy hops direct from? Does anyone else live near farms (anywhere) that they can buy hops from?

I don't know much about buying direct from hops growers, but Brew Brothers in Hillsboro has awesome hop prices. I would recommend checking them out.

Drive along those same roads at harvest time and you can find vines loaded with hops that have fallen of the trucks.

+1 to Brew Brothers. If you're looking to buy in bulk, they'll set you up or tell you what growers to contact. But really, I think you'll have a hard time beating their prices!

I ordered from http://www.willamettevalleyhops.com/ last time I got hops. At the time I ordered 3 lbs but actually got about 4. They were very easy to work with and I will be using them again in the future. Right now they only have a few varieties of pellets left and harvest isn't till September.

Most brew shops around here stock Fresh Hops from Philomath.
Main brew in Hillsboro, Above the rest, Steinbarts and so on. You can
pick up hops off the road at harvest . I did it once but felt like a croney.:mug:

another one for brew brothers doubt you will find a better deal especially when you buy them by the pound

I am checking out freshops right now. Do they do discount pricing for buying in bulk? BrewBrothers has Cascade for $1 an ounce, so they are actually cheaper than Freshops...

Awesome! Brew Brothers have such good prices. Definitely worth the drive up there. Thanks.

Back