Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and i also "gypsy" some of my brewing stuff. 60 feet of soft copper from work to make a wort chiller, bottles from recycling bins at my favorite pub, etc. So i thought the name fit well.

HA! Just this weekend I went to a party and "volunteered" to help clean up afterward and to take some of the empties off of her hands. I don't think she noticed that I only took glass bottles that weren't of the screw-off variety. We've all got a bit of gypsy in us...

Yellow Dawg Brewing Co named for my Labrador. All my beers for the most part get hunting-type names - Pintail Pale Ale, Widgeon Wheat, etc...

img0792ge6.jpg

p1010117oe0.jpg

Angry Beaver Brewing Co...

I have a few friends that brew and bottle with me .... it never fails that one of our wives gets angry when we get together.... hence the name....

I finally got through the whole thread, awesome names/stories everyone!

I have a few ideas kicking around but nothing that jumps out and says "pick me"

The Donk - from my last name Onderdonk
3 Peaks Brewing - from a mountain in Maine my family has been hiking since the 1920s
Belltower Brewing - the college I went to had a huge belltower
Wonderdonk Brewing Co- last name with a W in front of it.

I'm pretty crappy with names, help?!

Was just thinking about this - how about I use the first letter of the name of myself, my wife and kids?

J ason
A ustin
N oah
E than
S helli

JANES Brewing

What do you think? Lame or cool?

I think it's cool, but mostly because my dad named his first business Jemma after his and my mom's initials. It's endearing :)

-Joe

Grain to Brain Brewing.

A silly statement that I made up, after a few pints, when asking a fellow brewer how long it took to prepare a beer from brewing to drinking when kegging for a chicken wing extravaganza in May.

Moose Knuckle Brewery. I was looking for a name that stood out among the rest with a hint of Alaska to it. The alternate was Bear Butt Brewery, this one just stuck out a bit better IMHO

i'm considering "happy horse homwbrew compant" because i grew up around horses.

Named mine after my street like I name everything. It's called Hepler Street Brewery, but when I build a bar it's gonna be called The Zone.

Wawbrau. When I was in basic training I got the nickname "Waw" because my last name is Wawrzonek and my TI didn't want to say it every time. Thats about it.

"Buzzard Roost Brewers"...my wife and I aren't kids anymore, i.e. a couple of ol' buzzards. Plus we have turkey vultures that nest on the bluff behind our house and regularly circle the house on brew day. I wonder if they're trying to tell me something...

So I'm thinking about Caspean Brewing Co.

It comes from the names of my three kids.
Cassidy, Haper & Adrian.

It is/was the name of my defuct skateboard company.
What do ya think?

Inspired from the band Immortal and their themes of cold and grimness. Me and a few friends declared that Negative Permafrost is the coldest phrase of them all.
2ni2lxi.png

I love how he just stops random people and start to interview them.

"Now what do you think about this guy? He's working with stone!!!"

So I'm thinking about Caspean Brewing Co.

It comes from the names of my three kids.
Cassidy, Haper & Adrian.
"Laurgan's" a contraction of Lauren and Morgan..... My two little beauties that always ask questions like: "Mommy is Daddy drinking beer again?"

think i might rename my brewery from happy horse brewery to oak park brewery. which sounds better?

Well I'm a Firefighter of 25 years and hope for another 10 to go. So for me it was BACK DRAFT BREWING. Now I just need to come up with a label . Was thinking of Betty Boop in bunker gear with the flame background like in the movie.

Ok here is my collaboration "Hair of the Dog That Bit You Brewing Co."

I got a Miniature Pincher that thinks that hes a full size doberman. So sometimes he'll wana play rough and grab your hand and nip at it aggressively. It doesn't really hurt its just funny because he is more ferocious than my brothers pit bull.

So i was thinking of a picture of him in "attack mode" on my hand and doing some photoshop work on it and make it pastel-ish.

hsbcapt-
I'm a firefighter too, looks like we have the same brewery name! If either one of us takes it to the big show it looks like we'll have to come up with something else.
BTW, there's a group of firefighters on the board-just go to groups on the top of the screen, then search firefighters.

Stay safe out there!

Odeba Brewing

Its a mish mash of my wifes maiden name and my last name, the name was created when we got a dog before we were married and registered his name, since we werent married yet we gave him the last name of Odeba. Its kinda fun to say and it has stuck... and its definitely something no one else will have

just curious. i know some out there like iron or and deep six have names/logos and all that....does anyone own the trademark on their name/logo? If so what did it cost? I'm interested cause my buddy and i hope to eventually go pro years from now but want to make sure that our name and what not would be protected once we have one.

Back