Name That Disaster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... I think there are clues here...

2012-05-02_at_16_43_28.jpg

Pinic tap got stuck open? That sucks..
Igotsand

That's what I thought at first. However, I see some foam coming from under the outlet fitting. I'm going to go with a stuck open Corney post that was saved by slamming the picnic tap on just in time to save the last bit of beer.

What do I win?:drunk:

When I lost 3/4 of a keg over night because of a bad poppet, it looked just like that(only there was a lot more beer in the bottom of the kegerator...)

Apparently you can push the connection on the post enough to actuate the poppet, but not enough to seal the thing. When I saw this, I lifted the connection right off the post. Might have been a bad poppet too (I think I replaced it at the same time).

Rye IPA. Fret not, there are two more kegs just like it waiting in the wings.

Cheers!

Just had this happen to me. 5 gallons in the bottom of my keezer. The bummer was I brewed specifically for the Sam Adams longshot competition that I have now missed for the third year in a row.

I haven't figured out what the problem was yet.

Back