What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In celebration of "The Rapture" cracked this open after aging it for one year.

b7277178.jpg

tons of chocolate flavor and aroma. smells like a tootsie roll lol. excellent
dscn3397j.jpg

great hop flavor and aroma for an imperial stout. smooth and delicious. great stout
dscn3399t.jpg

did the homebrew pours tonight on film. the porter carbed out AMAZING, huge head and thick lacing and fantastic retention. same with the IPA

Last edited by a moderator:
spak said:
did the homebrew pours tonight on film. the porter carbed out AMAZING, huge head and thick lacing and fantastic retention. same with the IPA

Are your beers bottle-conditioned? I would suggest a gentler pour so that you can get the whole contents out of the bottle in one go. If you do it in two pours you stand the risk of rousing the yeast at the bottom of the bottle when you stand the bottle back after the first pour.

If you're bottling clear from a keg, then please ignore.

Looks good though.

Are your beers bottle-conditioned? I would suggest a gentler pour so that you can get the whole contents out of the bottle in one go. If you do it in two pours you stand the risk of rousing the yeast at the bottom of the bottle when you stand the bottle back after the first pour.

If you're bottling clear from a keg, then please ignore.

Looks good though.

Yea they are bottle conditioned, but I had no idea these actually carbed out, I tried these at 2 weeks and 3 weeks and they had really low carbonation(like a 1 finger head if i poured it straight down) But I guess 4 weeks is the magic number for that one and I got full carbonation.

teddy4xp said:
Maui brewing Co. Big swell ipa, not all great beers need to come out of a bottle

Now that is a tasty brew! I enjoyed that on tap at their brewery! Great place and great beer! I wish I could remeber some of their others.

LaGunitas IPA for me. Ho Hum. It was on sale. Definitely no Big Swell.

Nice :) You get that over at Bristol? The first time I had a draught on nitro I was a bit taken back. I really like it now. Trinity serves up nitro and cask conditioned ale.

Yessir. Bristol is only a couple of blocks from my house, so I got that goin for me, which is nice:)

I'm a big fan of Trinity as well. Mr. Yester does some crazy stuff over there. They just tapped Southern Hospitality, which is a pecan pie beer. Two words: KICK @SS! Starts off like a nice, smooth, not sure what this is beer, and then BAM!! HOLY CRAP, THIS TASTES LIKE PECAN PIE!

Trinity is slowly converting me to liking farmhouse/saison styles, which I never thought I would/could like. And the fact that they have two, count 'em TWO beer engines going at all times:rockin:

Was at the store and couldn't decide. After an hour chat with my buddy who works there, I grabbed this in desperation and left. Sadly this isn't a desperate beer, but a favorite! Gotta love the Abita Andy Gator glass that my cousin got me. You can't tell, but it is a frost color with alligator scales as the design.

8e25dc98.jpg

jvcjbl said:
Was at the store and couldn't decide. After an hour chat with my buddy who works there, I grabbed this in desperation and left. Sadly this isn't a desperate beer, but a favorite! Gotta love the Abita Andy Gator glass that my cousin got me. You can't tell, but it is a frost color with alligator scales as the design.

I love me some andy gator.

Another DIPA night

very good DIPA, really unique too; pineapple, orange, and pine, some honey and caramel as well.
dscn3418n.jpg

insanely hoppy, and this is coming from the guy that drinks Ruination like gatorade(almost :p). unfiltered version. I may like the 12 ounce filtered version more if its toned down. Sip this beer or face the consequences. Definitely something to enjoy over an hour or more, like I did. Pineapple, mango, and pine with huge spiciness. caramel and breadiness on the finish.
dscn3420g.jpg

Pay day!! Blew a couple hundred on beer today (had to restock).

Came home and started with this:

f6ad04d1.jpg

Then switched to a Summit Horizon Red Ale

Now on Dale's Pale Ale

Next possibly some home brew or maybe one of my other purchases... will post as I open something new.... OOOOHHH maybe Harpoon Leviathan Imperial IPA

Racer 5 :)

All I have on tap is a Saison, and I'm supposed to be saving some of that for some friends to try... I'm not very good at saving though.

Racer 5 :)

All I have on tap is a Saison, and I'm supposed to be saving some of that for some friends to try... I'm not very good at saving though.

I have an Imperial Stout and an English Bitter on stout. I am drinking them faster than I can't let people try it. I wonder why I don't invite people over?? :p

Back