Smuttynose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever had the Smuttynose IPA?
Damn...that's good stuff!!!!!
I had one this afternoon when I was cooking lunch...DAMN!
I'd have to say its one of the better IPA's have had in recent memory.....

I'll be damned. I keep seeing it at Farm Fresh, but never really paid it much mind. I ginda figured that with the name, it would be more in the English style. I much prefer the American style IPA's, so I pretty much blew it off.

I'll have to check it out!

Yeah, I'm especially curious to hear what you think about it.
That's a beer I could drink all day long. I like it better than my LWPA.

Real, real crisp hop flavor in it.

I've gotten the Smuttynose boxes several times when I've bought beer...the seal, right? Never had it, but will give it a try.

I tried Smutty's IPA last night. I never thought I'd say this, but I think there is such a thing as too much hops. It was like they added pure hop-oil to the finished brew. I didn't like it. I will try it again, maybe I'll like it more another time. I had been drinking Hocus Pocus before I tried it. That was pretty good. Oh, well, we'll see....

If you want to try another "overhopped" beer, give Arrogant Bastard Ale a try. That has been the hoppiest beer I've ever had....and the only one that I couldn't finish because of that hoppiness.

vtfan99 said:
If you want to try another "overhopped" beer, give Arrogant Bastard Ale a try. That has been the hoppiest beer I've ever had....and the only one that I couldn't finish because of that hoppiness.

Really? I thought AB was damned hoppy, but it had to be to balance out such a big beer. Then again, I'm a bit of a hophead, so my opinion may be skewed.

You want hoppy, try Hop Rod Rye, or Pliney the Elder. I've had the former, but not the latter. I've seen recipes for PtE....holy God that's a buttload of hops!

Back