First mess (pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indian09 said:
We'll I guess I know why people use blow offs. Here are a couple pics.http://www.flickr.com/photos/42486286@N00/

enjoy.

Yeah, it seems that everyone learns this lesson sooner or later. ;)

It looks like you've just got it sitting out in a room. Did you uncover it for the pictures, or has it just been sitting out in the light? If so, cover it up with something dark.

Sam75 said:
Yeah, it seems that everyone learns this lesson sooner or later. ;)

It looks like you've just got it sitting out in a room. Did you uncover it for the pictures, or has it just been sitting out in the light? If so, cover it up with something dark.

Its covered....thx for replies.

We warned you about that pink, man. But noooo, yuo had to be a brew-rebel and leave it there.

Yeast don't like pink! Would somebody please think of the children?!?!?

david_42 said:
You're not really a homebrewer until you've mopped the ceiling!

I have, I have!! Blew the cover off my plastic fermenter. Actually put a dent in the ceiling :eek:. (Low ceiling by the way). Now I remember why I switched to carboy's.

Indian09 - As for your blowoff. That looks like a 5g carboy right? You'll be doing this often if it is. I'd recommend a 6.5 for your primary...

Kai said:
So you can have chunks of glass flying around? ;)

Kai

Live dangerously I say :D. I'd think the path to least resistance would be the projectile carboy bung. Has a carboy ever broken during a ferment (that wasn't defective). Probably has; that'd be fun :rolleyes:

david_42 said:
You're not really a homebrewer until you've mopped the ceiling!

i'm trying my damnedest not not become a homebrewer then!! lol i don't really like the though of mopping the ceiling!! thats why i'm getting all my huge fermenters so my brew has room to grow!! i just ordered a 7.9 gal, 10 gal and 20 gal fermenters!! plus a 3.5 for half batches

Ah that's nothing. The walls are still white aren't they:) I had one that just covered the walls..... the ceiling. Oy it was a mess. Took weeks to clean and I am glad I was not married when it happened:eek:

desertBrew said:
Indian09 - As for your blowoff. That looks like a 5g carboy right? You'll be doing this often if it is. I'd recommend a 6.5 for your primary...

Or at the very least a blowoff tube and a bucket.

Back