What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30 gallon boil kettle, 30 gallon mash tun and 19.8 gallon hot liquor tank! Just got dropped off by freight carrier. I can't wait to start my build!

ForumRunner_20130108_103934.jpg

That is freeken beautiful. I wish I had those big pots. I've been working on my build and I'm also in chicago, if you need any help in where to get the steel let me know.

I received a bunch of specialty grains from Northern Brewer...

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

A pair of 3 gallon carboys, finally I can do some smaller batches!

a little citra and centennial, some oak chips and wine tannin.

The replacement for my pressure cooker x-mas present.. and this one isn't broken! :-D Guess who is making slants tomorrow.. THIS GUY!

20lb co2 tank from beverage elements.

'tis the first piece of my setup for the move to kegging. Got it for ~89 shipped, iirc. Kept calling local places, they wanted 180ish for steel 20lb tanks. F' that noise.

tank is sitting beside freezer fermentation chamber, in newly made space to accommodate kegerator. (will be making a craigslist trip this weekend for refrigerator)

20lb co2 tank from beverage elements.

'tis the first piece of my setup for the move to kegging. Got it for ~89 shipped, iirc. Kept calling local places, they wanted 180ish for steel 20lb tanks. F' that noise.

tank is sitting beside freezer fermentation chamber, in newly made space to accommodate kegerator. (will be making a craigslist trip this weekend for refrigerator)

Thanks for sharing. I'm in the market for a 20lb tank.

revkip said:
Nothing yet :confused:

Anyone else experienced this kind of delay with Fedex? I'm sure USPS would've only taken 4 days max with normal shipping rates!

I just got an oxygen regulator from Williams and was here in 3 days via priority mail which was only 30 cents more than regular shipping. Haven't had any experience from FedEx ordering from them yet. I was shocked it got here so fast!

Thermapen came today. No more cheap thermometer!!! Also got a new stir plate and 1 5/8" bar. Bout ready to brew!

hcfd918 said:
I just got an oxygen regulator from Williams and was here in 3 days via priority mail which was only 30 cents more than regular shipping. Haven't had any experience from FedEx ordering from them yet. I was shocked it got here so fast!

The bottle tree I got was shipped yesterday, thank you Harkin, and it was FEDEX

That's a good tip, I'll be sure to look for priority when I order from them again--thanks!

Still haven't received my order yet, but online tracking site says it's in town finally. Also shows my order had a 4 day layover near Dallas AND that my shipment's estimated delivery time was 11 days total, crazy.

I got my Johnson Controls digital temp controller today. I'm super stoked! I hope to brew my first lager on Thursday. I'm also expecting a 1-1/8" stir bar tomorrow (of course I still need to order a flask and finish my stir plate)

Ingredients for my next three brews: two hearted ale clone, triple karmeliet clone and Edwort's Bee Cave hefeweizen!

I got the reg for welding gas and a 10lb spool of .030 wire. Brewstand here I come.... But I hurt my leg falling through the deck, so not today

Thanks to fromgraintoglass.com, I have more Simcoe and Citra. IIPAs here I come...

IMG_0315.jpg

scottland said:
Those are awesome medals! I won a few too =)

What category did you place in?

Haha nice!

Second in fruit beer.
Peachy queen pale ale

A Great Northern Popcorn company, "Farm Market", Corona mill, a Polder digital thermometer, a True Brew floating thermometer, a packet of Campden tabs and two sachets of Danstar Nottingham:ban::ban:

scottland said:
Ah, very nice. There's no bad blood then =)

I had 1st in IPA, 2nd Light Lager, 3rd in Am. Ambers. IPA went on to take 3rd in BOS.

Well done!

I need to enter more beers for more feedback for sure

I got my new BARLEY CRUSHER!

So excited to finally get my hands on one of these. They have been hard to come by lately. Seems everywhere was sold out for a while...

Latest posts

Back