How Booze Built America Discovery Channel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it last night. It was actually kind of interesting. It's not really in depth. It's definitely not a documentary. And Mike Rowe is entertaining. I think this is a good thing because it makes it more palatable to a wider audience. The Brewmasters show failed because it just wan't relatable for a lot of people. It wasn't technical enough for brewers, and it didn't have any good subtext drama to keep people interested. The Booze show is definitely a lay persons show. It's meant to be entertaining first with a very light history lesson in the background. It's kind of like bar trivia. There's a lot of booze with a few random factoids occasionally thrown in. All-in-all, I think it's a solid, fun show.

I liked it, though it seem a little bit redundant at times. Maybe since it was the premiere it'll get better. Or I'll get used to it. I like Mike Rowe, so that's about all I need to watch it.

Yeah it was more of like a history lesson on how it made its way thru the development of the U.S., not really the history of booze per se. I liked it though, thought it was put together well and Mike Rowe is just a cool, laid back dude. Could have made it more then a three part series though.

Back