Hello from hot and sunny North Carolina

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modobrew

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lee, I currently work with composites as a R&D Engineer in lovely Cary, NC. I've been into home brewing for a little over a year now. Just recently was given a chest freezer in which I plan to convert to a kegerator, hopefully in time for football season. Anyways, here I am. I'm sure you will see me post quite a few questions in the future. Can't wait to see what this community is all about. Cheers :mug:

Welcome!
There are a bunch of people on here from around the triangle area. If you need any testers for the fridge project let me know!

Greetings!

I've been to Cary a number of times. I used to play in put together band that went nowhere there.

I also was stationed at Ft. Bragg 3 times.

We just had friends from Fayetteville leave today for Iowa...of course, that really means diddly to you. :D

Thanks guys. Glad to have found this forum. As for which is my favorite home brews so far... its hard to say. Ive made a newcastle style, an american amber, a Fat Tire style, and a belgium white ale. The white ale came out kinda strange. it foams really bad. It takes about 5-8 minutes to pour a glass :( I think I may have aerated it a little too much before fermentation. Its the only thing I did a little differently from the other three batches I brewed. As far as my favorite so far... I guess i would have to say the newcastle or the amber as I am partial to these styles anyways. I plan to purchase an outdoor burner here in the near future as well as trying to build the kegerator as mentioned above.

For you NC folk, is there a local homebrew club or anything?

Back