Obama is a homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
brycelarson said:
We're a country that has had brewers for longer than we've been a country. The more press craft and home brew gets the better for our hobby. This is certainly likely to get some attention if the signature threshold is met.

People didn't brew beer as a hobby when our country was founded.

They brewed because there was no potable water available and they were trying to avoid dysentery.

The signature threshold will only prove that 25,000 people were stupid enough to sign a petition demanding the recipe for a batch of mediocre homebrew....that Obama did not have any part in brewing.

Ah... I see. I will endeavor to use the search feature better in the future. :sits down:

passedpawn said:
Nobody really cares about the recipe. We're having fun. Don't be such a killjoy.

This. Way too many serious people here. I especially loved the one guy with the conspiracy.

If I could vote for Obama, I would brew this recipe for an election party. 'twould be fun.

E-Mursed said:
People didn't brew beer as a hobby when our country was founded.

They brewed because there was no potable water available and they were trying to avoid dysentery.

The signature threshold will only prove that 25,000 people were stupid enough to sign a petition demanding the recipe for a batch of mediocre homebrew....that Obama did not have any part in brewing.

What a buzz kill.

Not really sure why you would draw this conclusion. The increased profile of beer has been met with great support in my state (Virginia). I just don't see the gov caring a wit about homebrewing, and when it comes to craft, anything that raises the public profile is a good thing. States are realizing the benefits that breweries bring (revenue, jobs, prestige). Increased awareness will make the general public angrier when BMC tries to mess with things, too.

From personal experience, I wrote our governor with some suggestions. A lot of other brewers and state congressman got involved, too. A few months later, some very great laws were passed in Virginia. Now, I'm a few months from opening my own nano and commercial hops operation at age 25.

Well, on the off chance that the commie in the whitehouse cares, I'm gonna steer clear. Craft schmaft, don't buy into the rhetoric, it's all a ploy to get your homebrew, homebrew is where it's at.:fro:

Edit: Buncha Commies!!!!!

Say what you will about Obama. I'm betting the beer will help make him one of the few presidents in modern times who didn't seem to age 10 years during his first 4 years!

Home brewers are petitioning the White House to release the recipe of their Honey Ale.

http://wh.gov/4y9b

The official petition puts it this way...

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Release the recipe for the Honey Ale home brewed at the White House.
Following in the footsteps of great men like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin, Barack Obama has reportedly been enjoying the rewards of home brewed beer. Recent reports from news outlets like the Washington Post (August 15th, 2012) have stated that Obama has been drinking a White House home brew Honey Ale while on the campaign trail.

In keeping with the brewing traditions of the founding fathers, homebrewers across America call on the Obama Administration to release the recipe for the White House home brew so that it may be enjoyed by all.

"I think it’s time for beer” -Franklin D. Roosevelt (March 12, 1933)​

NPR has a good story about the discovery of the White House ale — apparently the first beer actually brewed in the White House: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...to-serve-more-home-brewed-beer-at-white-house

Way more important than Romney's financial records, what landed at Roswell or who was really behind the JFK assasination.

You do know there's about 10 threads about the petition on here already since Saturday, when the guy that actually started the petition put up a thread letting us know about it?

Say what you will about Obama. I'm betting the beer will help make him one of the few presidents in modern times who didn't seem to age 10 years during his first 4 years!

try the first 2 years...

split93355248.jpg

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/03/photos-president-obama-has-aged-a-decade-two-years-says-beauty-expert

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-250_162-10008872.htm

In other news, Louis Pasteur totally turns the brewing world on its head by proposing that fermentation is conducted by living yeasts cells and not by a chemical process.

Blasphemy...!!!

Everyone knows it is "God is Great" that makes the beer.
Heretic.....

By the way...........Obama brews beer. :ban:

I just stir the wort with my Divine Rod of Brewing and and it starts bubbling 45 out of 50 times.

Your nuts if you don't.

:D

/sigh

Everybody knows you add the alcohol once fermentation is done. Gah! Stop spreading misinformation.

IMHO, this is wasted tax payer dollars that should be spent feeding the hungry, housing the poor and buying lexus sedans on EBT cards.

IMHO, this is wasted tax payer dollars that should be spent feeding the hungry, housing the poor and buying lexus sedans on EBT cards.

It was all paid for with his own money.

You do know there's about 10 threads about the petition on here already since Saturday, when the guy that actually started the petition put up a thread letting us know about it?

And you've posted in all of them, why not give those nearly 37k posts of yours a break and let the mods handle it?

You created an account just for the purpose of starting an Obama petition thread to get an extract plus honey recipe? Really?

Obviously this thread will be a million back forth between anti/pro obama. But thanks for listing link since I'm just curious as to presidential beers, and could give less then two sh*ts about what monkey is holding the presidential throne be it bush or barack.

Who cares is like saying "who cares to post who cares", who cares. I care, hence my post saying thanks. I'm an all grain brewer but just think it'll be cool to have a recipe that a president drank via homebrew, extract, whatever. If anyone has any other presidential homebrews, post them.

Who cares is like saying "who cares to post who cares", who cares. I care, hence my post saying thanks. I'm an all grain brewer but just think it'll be cool to have a recipe that a president drank via homebrew, extract, whatever. If anyone has any other presidential homebrews, post them.

"Take a large Siffer [Sifter] full of Bran Hops to your Taste. -- Boil these 3 hours then strain out 30 Gall[ons] into a cooler put in 3 Gall[ons] Molasses while the Beer is Scalding hot or rather draw the Melasses into the cooler & St[r]ain the Beer on it while boiling Hot. let this stand till it is little more than Blood warm then put in a quart of Yeat if the Weather is very Cold cover it over with a Blank[et] & let it Work in the Cooler 24 hours then put it into the Cask -- leave the bung open till it is almost don[e] Working -- Bottle it that day Week it was Brewed."

Courtesy of George Washington. Sounds, um, tastey.

Bottom up bro.

I think it's refreshing to have a little fun and manage to find a bit of humor around today's political environment. I signed the petition in this spirit. Lighten up, folks. It's beer.

I think it's refreshing to have a little fun and manage to find a bit of humor around today's political environment. I signed the petition in this spirit. Lighten up, folks. It's beer.

This is the 12th thread on this topic in the last 4-5 days. It's beyond ridiculous. People are lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back