go home, or work.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arkador

Reaction score
I am torn.... I found out that I didn't need to come to work today, because it is a paid holiday. I could be home with my wife drinking a beer, and getting paid regular pay...

OR, I can stay here with nothing to do, and get paid 2.5X pay for working the holiday.... That equates to over $200 extra for staying here, surfing HBT instead of brewing and drinking.

I would probably stay. Since tomorrow is really the holiday and all. $200 can buy a lot of brewing ingredients.

Ook, i didn't mention, My boss did authorize me unlimited overtime because I have a new baby, and she knows i can use the money. so i won't have to worry about the HR gods being angry if i do stay...

I'd stay. That's a lot of coin for brewing recipes or gear! Plus, when you finally get home from such a stressful day ;), the beer will be that much better!

I am currently thinking of knocking off 1-2 hours early, but take the extra cash for the other hours.

My wife would live to have me home early, as the baby is only 3 weeks old.

Back