A glass of my very first home brew!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MediaMikes

Reaction score
It is an Imperial Cream Ale from Midwest. Sat in the Primary for 1 week, secondary for about 2 weeks and then in the bottle for a little over two weeks before I broke down and stuck one in the fridge (couldn't wait any longer). I think it looks great and it tastes great too!:ban: :mug:

firstbeer.JPG

Looks great!

You'll be amazed at how better the beer tastes over the next few weeks, 2 weeks is still a little young...and stick at least one aside in a warm dark place for 6 months and be really amazed. (I usually mark the last one with a piece of tape with the name and bottling date on it.)

That's a great idea. I think I will do just that. Right now I have a lemon-coriander weis in secondary waiting to be bottled and a chocolate raspberry stout in secondary waiting to be bottled as well. I need to order more bottles or do it the fun way and just buy a bunch of sierra nevada (I love their bottles) and start drinking :tank:

Some people stash an entire 6'er away...but I'm not THAT dedicated to my beer, one from each batch is enough...

Definitely start drinking...better than ordering empties. Also ask friends who drink good beer to save their pop offs (and any grolsh bottles they may have.) Give them a six of yours every now and then as an incentive!

Yeah, it's a popcorn tin that my GF got me for Christmas last year.

I just labeled on bottle and stuck in a place that I don't l go into very often. It's going to be hard for me not to open it though, but I definitely want to see what it's like in August on a hot day.

The majority of my friends drink Coors Light so that isn't an option, but the GF has started buying sixers of Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada and giving me those bottles. She's so good to me :) She did buy a sixer of the Land Shark Lager (clear bottles) though. Could I still use those as long as I let them condition in a pitch black closet that doesn't get accessed much?

Nothing like watching the NCAA Tournament and enjoying one of your own brews :rockin:

The clears are ok as long as they're stored dark. Better used on less hoppier beers as it is the hops being hit with light that causes the skunk. Also clear bottles is a good reason to try a batch of Edwort's Apfelwein! Congrats on the first brew

It feels good, doesn't it? Welcome to the Club, The Homebrewers Club!!!!

Kilted Brewer said:
Excuse me, but is that some Miller Lite paraphernalia on the left there???

What Miller Lite paraphernalia? :D

MediaMikesFirstbeer.jpg

MediaMikes said:
It is an Imperial Cream Ale from Midwest. Sat in the Primary for 1 week, secondary for about 2 weeks and then in the bottle for a little over two weeks before I broke down and stuck one in the fridge (couldn't wait any longer). I think it looks great and it tastes great too!:ban: :mug:

I would love to make some of that...what recipe did you follow? Or is it your own?

Well, NL724, with me being a rookie and all and this being my very first beer I simply ordered the Imperial Cream Ale kit from Midwest supplies and followed the included instructions word for word.

No doubt that it was an excellent feeling being able to enjoy something that you made yourself and had to wait so long to try it.

I am definitely hooked without a doubt. I just ordered a Watermelon Ale from Austins Homebrew Shop that I will make this weekend. Wish me luck. I definitely need to get some kegs. I'm running out of room in my closet with all the bottles that are going in there.

Revvy said:
Definitely start drinking...better than ordering empties. Also ask friends who drink good beer to save their pop offs (and any grolsh bottles they may have.) Give them a six of yours every now and then as an incentive!

Call a local restaurant- I have one that saves flippies for me. At the very least I get all the .5l regular bottles I care to clean, for free.

I have a local place that saves their pop top beer bottles and all of their cork wine bottles for me too, been thinking about making wine too.

Problem is this place serves 95% draft beer and another 3% is twist off beer bottles (I live in cow town Amarillo, TX) so I don't get a whole of bottles from this place. But, they give me what they have so I can be nothing but appreciative for that.

Funny thing is that my GF and myself provide me more bottles than anybody. She's a trooper no doubt. :mug: :drunk: :tank: By the way, I would be the smiley on the right most nights.

Back