Mold on my pellicle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewtoomuch

Reaction score
I just looked at my 2 year old lambic and in the last month green mold has started to grow. Do you think it is still ok?
Should I transfer it to a new carboy and see if the pellicle comes back?

I have a 2006, 2007, and 2008 that I want to blend into a geuze. Just have figured the logistics out for blending them...percentages, what to do with let overs, moving them from my closet downstairs without the pellice falling in....
:drunk:

I'd try to rack it where it is without disturbing the pellicle too much (to avoid getting that mold into the beer if possible) onto some sugar syrup to give the brett a leg up on reforming another pellicle. Actually, I'd give them a sample and if the taste was right blend them now. Hope that helps.
I'd taste each individually, then blend in equal parts (thirds) and see what I thought of the blend. Need more sourness, add more of the three year old, or whatever. The leftover I would blend together and add to fruit (probably raspberries, yum).

Back