In praise of SWMBO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkdog

Reaction score
Yesterday was our anniversary, and with both of us being in school at the moment, we were going pretty low-key this year (I made a nice dinner and we're going out tonight). Well, she bought me a turkey fryer and a propane tank, saying "If it makes the beer better, I figure it's a gift for both of us." Now I'm a cooling coil away from full boils and then an MLT away from all-grain. Just as excitingly, I'm going to be brewing outside soon. Just another reason why she's a keeper.

My SWMBO bought me all that stuff years ago JUST TO GET ME OUT OF HER KITCHEN!

Rock on!!!!!!!!! Mine bought me my first kit saying that i needed a hobby and now can't stand how much i've added to the collection. Keep that one!!

My girlfriend is my assistant brew master. Which really means she takes notes while I brew. It's nice that she likes my brewing and wants to learn about it.

Get her in touch with my wife. My 40th is two weeks away and I'm hoping for a 40qt brewpot and a cooler to fashion an MLT. Then it's AG for me.

You have to love a good SWMBO who wants to assist in brewing. Mine is really most interested in helping me bottle, as that's the hardest part of my process. I think she does it so that she gets the "Bottling *****" title on my labels. :D

My SWMBO bought me all that stuff years ago JUST TO GET ME OUT OF HER KITCHEN!

My SWMBO bought me my turkey fryer also. I'm pretty sure she saw the potential for mess and wanted it out of the kitchen ASAP.

While mine doesn't assist in my brewing at all, she is always supportive of when I want to, and never has given me grief for any of my purchases.

yeah, she's a keeper too.

Back