Propane manifold for turkey fryers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratslinger

Reaction score
Is it possible, or even advisable, to build a manifold or similar connector to run two turkey fryers off of a single propane tank?

I currently run one turkey fryer for my HLT, a cooler mash tun, and a second turkey fryer for my boil kettle. I'd like to be able to run my HLT burner and my boil kettle burner during my sparge without having to steal the propane tank from my gas grill every time...

Those are far more involved than what I was looking for. That said, I did a little more googling, and I think I've tracked down an answer. Something like this, literally just to allow me to attach two turkey fryers to a single propane tank. No stand involved for now, so a full on manifold build out like in those threads would be overkill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newer style propane tanks have a safety shutoff built into the valve so if your burners try to pull too much gas out at once it will shut off the flow.

Very Annoying!!! LOL

Well, technically it'd be a third tank at this point... Not sure if I want to go that route or not. If I do, I might as well go to the feed store down the road and look at a 40lb or 60lb tank, so I'm in better shape once I'm eventually ready to put together a brewing structure of some sort.

im wondering if one hoppy guy from brew steel would build you one if you let him know what you want. he helps out tons of people on here with suggestions ideas and does custom systems as a business. if you are worried about buildingn one yourself, contact him and see what he can do for you.

Back