Brewer's Best Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewbama

Reaction score
I'd like to get feedback from folks who've tried them. I'd be especially interested in comparing them to other kits. Are the ingredients fresh? Does the LME come in jugs or a pouch? Thanks

I just brewed a Scottish ale and it tastes like water. It came with both LME and DME? I might have not steeped the grains enough, but I would say I have had better luck with other kits.

I just brewed a Scottish ale and it tastes like water. It came with both LME and DME? I might have not steeped the grains enough, but I would say I have had better luck with other kits.

Try leaving your Scottish ale in the bottles longer. It takes a while for this kind of beer to mature. It will get better.

I've brewed a few of the Brewers Best Kits and I thought they turned out good considering that I didn't know much about brewing and fermented them too warm, then started drinking them before the beer matured. The LME was in cans.

You will get fresher ingredients from places like Austin Homebrew or Midwest Supplies but I didn't notice much difference in the beers. Maybe that's because I have an undiscerning palate.:D

I've done 2 of their IPA kits and was very pleased. It came with 2 cans of LME, a bag of DME, specialty grains, and a packet of BRY-97 that had nearly a year left until expiration. I didn't hit my target OG on the first batch, so I added an extra lb of DME to the second and was a tiny bit over.

My first 3 or 4 kits were BB kits. They all came out with a thin mouthfeel. I did a nearly identical kit from a National HBS and it was much better. This could have been because my experience had given me better procedures or the fact that I watched them mill my specialty grains and the yeast was fresher.

First brew was a Brewers best American Amber Ale I thought it turn out very good, and so did others who tried it. Both liquid in a can, and dry

I like them. I hope to brew my 4th kit this Super Bowl W/E.
They have a nice choice of mild to wild and from easy-peasy to a lot of hop/adjunct additions and long conditioning times.

I've had both jars and canned LME in mine.

BB is what my LHBS carries and the rotation seems active.

Look for a BB seasonal release. That will be your freshest.

With that in mind, I'm liking the Austin HomeBrew Supply kits a little better. Somewhat more variety and they allow me to step up through Mini-Mash and then to All-grain, all with the recipe.

I'll be doing my 3rd AHS kit when it arrives early next week. Extremely Limited Edition British IPA.

'da Kid

'da Kid

I have done 2 of their summer ales and DIPA. Was pleased with both. Usually the DME comes in plastic pouches and then LME in a plastic can. Products are decent. A lot of comments about thin mouth feel could be weather or not your doing full or partial boils. I would always recommend a full boil or at least the most you can. Better hop utilization and steeping. I look at recipe kits online and then go to HBS and get everything I need.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Thanks for the feedback folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back