Do I Need Shanks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazultav

Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently scored a 4912 on craigslist. woot :rockin:

I really like the look of single tap towers, so I'm trying to fab up my own using sink pipes. I don't have too much room about 1.5 inches from the front of the pipe to bend. Is there anyway to attach a faucet directly to a barbed tailpiece?

I could always add some pipe to add horizontal length but would rather not.

Could I use a tower shank and replace the elbow? But then what of the curved adapter that fits the faucet to the rounded outside of the tower?

Thanks.

there are some places that sell all in one (I think it may be micromatic) shank with a bend. it's small enough to fit a 2 inch pipe I think.

someone will come in with it I hope.

I know the most common elbow shanks are made to fit in towers that are 3" in diameter. So finding some to fit in a 2" pipe may prove difficult.

does anyone have a tower shank they could measure for me. I would need the distance from the inside of the faucet nut to the curve of the tail piece. Basically the "inside" part of the shank.

Back