Dumb Beer Related Things You've Done

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridire

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Last night I settled into my favorite chair and apparently got a little too comfortable, as I fell fast asleep. Problem is that I had a pint glass half full of Ruthless Rye in my hand when I went to visit Mr. Sandman. I woke up at 3:30am thinking I had pissed myself.

Anyone know how to get rye beer and hop smell out of a brushed leather chair?

I would normally say fire, but in this case I would say YOU WASTEFUL PERSON, SHAME BE ON YOU.

I was feeling pretty good and was transferring some beer to secondary for dry hopping and added my first oz of hops to the primary instead of secondary! Doh!
Luckily I had another oz or so of hops in freezer, not the same, but it got thrown in anyways!!

Last night I settled into my favorite chair and apparently got a little too comfortable, as I fell fast asleep. Problem is that I had a pint glass half full of Ruthless Rye in my hand when I went to visit Mr. Sandman. I woke up at 3:30am thinking I had pissed myself.

Anyone know how to get rye beer and hop smell out of a brushed leather chair?

No clue. Maybe check with a furniture store. Probably a wine remover.

And just when I think I'm over dumb noob mistakes, I pull one even a noob wouldn't do!!

I'm brewing yuri's thunderstruck pumpkin ale, got the pumpkin in the oven roasting, grains steeping, just finishing the 155* 30 min steep and getting all the next stuff ready next step.
Wait! What the?! Where is all my malt?!?! I had everything for this beer!! Crap!! No malt anywhere!!!
Grrrrr!!

I had a dream that I wash mashing and then when I finished and was ready to get brewing I had no hops or yeast!!!

thesmithsera said:
I had a dream that I wash mashing and then when I finished and was ready to get brewing I had no hops or yeast!!!

Ugh, I wish this was just a dream!! Oh we'll, a few pounds of grain, not a huge loss.

Brewed a tripel with my own spin on it. After kegging and pressurizing it, it still seemed to be flat when I tapped it. I pressurized it in the keezer and disconnected the gas, but not the beer line. After only a few minutes it blew the gas line and started pouring about 4 gallons into the keezer. Fortunately the beer came out pretty bad due to a surprise heat wave.

Puled my Temp probes to the top of the Keezer.... Froze 12 bottles and both kegs.... solid.... couldn't even move CO2 through the kegs.

I followed the instructions from my Mr Beer kit on my first batch and fermented at 75F ambient... 2 very important lessons learned there.

Back