Sonnuva...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidr2340

Reaction score
Well...
I finally had a "mishap"!!! :drunk:
Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT leave your thermometer bouncing around in the hot water while steeping grains!!! It WILL break!!!
Luckily, I had some extra grains lying around and can continue on with my session!!!

That is all!

:mug:

doh! That sucks David. I went to Dick's Restaurant Supply in bellevue (a drive for you) and got a 12-14" probe thermometer for $16. It clips onto the side of my kettle and works great. no worries about using it during the boil either.

In the spirit of the thread, I had my first mishap recently. I didn't mix up my bottling sugar solution after pouring it into the carboy prior to bottling, (protip, bottling from a carboy is a pain in the ass.) No bottle bombs yet (its been 11 days so far, tick tick tick) but the cases are in a spare shower with the curtain shut. :)

Yeah, I got a candy thermometer for the boil since it has that protective metal shell and clips to the side. At least you had extra ingredients. Nothing worse than a screw-up when the LHBS is closed.

Latest posts

Back