New Brewer with a few Question's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwask0

Reaction score
Hello
My name is Jeff. I was at Rite Aid last night and saw the Mr. Beer kit sitting there. So out of curiosity I grabbed to get a price check. I thought to my self if this around $20 bucks im gonna buy it. It was on sale for $25 bucks, whooo hooo.

Ok the kit comes with the West Coast Pale Ale. This is going to be my first brew/batch. Is there anything i can add to make different, as in something in the kitchen or i can pick up at grocery store.

Also any tips would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
El Jefe

Your first one... I'd suggest just following the instructions and making it as intended. once you see how that is, you can play around with it and adjust it to your liking.

I got my first Mr.Beer kit about month ago...
Brewed the West Coast PA with 1 extra cup of cane sugar... (I want higher ABV).

Well, it came out with a bit of "alcohol" after taste... It is probably from cane sugar...

Anyways, don't need do anything special... just follow the simple instructions and you'll be good.

The bottom line is Patience... Wait for the wort to cool below 80F before you pitch the yeast...Let it sit for 2 weeks if you want to.
Then bottle it... Look up prime solution for bottling to get a better idea.
I use 1/2 cup corn sugar mix with 1 cup water to make the priming in Mr Beer.

After bottling.. .just wait and wait... trust me, the beer tastes better if you wait.
You can do the same test... I tasted my first one after 1 week of carbonationg... hmm.. ok...
2nd one... another week... not so bad..
3rd one... another week...wow!!!! where did this come from?
second

For me it combines 2 of my favorite things: Cooking and Beer.

That and after the first time you hand someone a glass of your brew and they say "Wow, this is pretty good" you're hooked.

It's funny when I walk into the store now and I see the Sam Adam's section in the beer aisle and I move on thinking "psshhh".

It's funny when I walk into the store now and I see the Sam Adam's section in the beer aisle and I move on thinking "psshhh".

I say that about the other domestic lagers but when it comes to Boston Beer's stuff, I couldn't live with out there Ocktobefest or Summer Ale...I think they make great beers

Back