Brewery Help! Going to Long Beach Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trophy_Brew21

Reaction score
So I'm headed down to Long Beach in a little over a week. I am staying at the Westin, and don't have much of transportation while down there. But I need some help trying to find a good brewery close or a few, the more the better!

And I am also looking for a beer market/store near by aswell, something with a good selection of bottled beer, maybe Dogfish Head? Thank you very much, I hope to hear all your inputs and ideas! Thank you!

If you are staying at the Westin by Ocean Blvd and Long Beach Blvd Beachwood BBQ is a few blocks up the street. They have around 7 house beers that change regularly and 24 guest taps. Good food and better beer, I go there weekly and can't recommend it enough.

As far as actual breweries go there really isn't anything else but a Rock Bottom and Belmont Brewing which is about 5 miles east of downtown.

raabs said:
If you are staying at the Westin by Ocean Blvd and Long Beach Blvd Beachwood BBQ is a few blocks up the street. They have around 7 house beers that change regularly and 24 guest taps. Good food and better beer, I go there weekly and can't recommend it enough.

As far as actual breweries go there really isn't anything else but a Rock Bottom and Belmont Brewing which is about 5 miles east of downtown.

I visit my parents in lbc every once in a while but haven't made it to beechwood yet. Glad to hear it is good!

Bbc is easily my favorite place to eat there. The food is amazing!

Another vote for Beachwood BBQ. Was down in LBC for a wedding, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that place within walking distance of my hotel.

Really the only two places to go for good beer is Congregation Ale House and Beachwood. 33 Degrees is meh and Yardhouse is the same as it is around the country. The Titlted Kilt is another chain restaurant that has some OK offerings. Most of the other bars and such listed on beer advocate offer standard BMC with one or two taps for a Stone or Lagunitas IPA.

Fortunately Congregation and Beachwood are conveniently located on the same block. I was a Congregation addict until Beachwood opened. Congregation is more Belgian orientated but I find the pricing and pours to be a bit more stingy than Beachwood's for equivalent beers. The only bottle shop I can personally recommend is Stearn's Liquor. Been going there for the last four years and the owners are very helpful and will gladly grab you bottles from the back if you're looking for a certain something (how I get my Alpine Nelsons and such).

Thanks all! Any ideas on beer markets, that have a good selection of bottled beers, like dogfish Head?

Back