testing for leaks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robnog

Reaction score
I'm trying to isolate a leak in my system. I have a dual guage regulator with a Wye splitter and two check valves. Suppose I shut off both valves and turn the gas off. If the guages both go to 0 after an hour or so, does that mean the leak is somewhere between the gas tank and the check valves?

Assuming your check valves are not leaking...

Try using some leak detector - buy it at Lowes in the plumbing section. Just a small liquid bottle for a couple bucks.

you can find MOST leaks with a spray bottle of soapy water. I just recently exchanged a tank and started noticing a leak. It was in the friggin crank handle to the bottle! Leaked when you turned the tank off.

Yes it does, but as DS notes, it could be the tank valve itself. I had a leak I couldn't find that went away when the tank finally ran down & I exchanged it. Don't know if it was the tank or the washer.

Back