A Tale of Three IPA's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishStout

Reaction score
395664459.jpg

Short's Brewery "Huma Lupa Licious IPA"
Short's Brewery "The Liberator" Double IPA with lemon and orange zest
Rochester Mills "Cornerstone IPA"

All three are delicious on their own. Liberator and Huma Lupa are pretty similar, with Liberator being slightly more hoppy in nose and bitter in taste. Rochester Mills is a nicely mild IPA; good nose, not too bitter, easily sessionable.

However, when all three are combined in a single glass, it is quite a beautiful thing.

Never had the Rochester Mills IPA. To me Liberator is pretty fruity compared to Huma Lupa. SWMBO calls it "the beer that tastes like Fruity Pebbles". Huma Lupa is one of my absolute favorites. Yum. All three blended? Hmmm....

I really didn't find the Liberator too fruity. Huma Lupa was pretty good but I've definitely had better IPAs, for my tastes at least. I prefer IPAs with a big floral nose, and the Huma Lupa was kind of bland with a static bitterness. I don't know how long they had been sitting at the store though, which I know can impact hop flavor.

the Rochester Mills was the fruitiest tasting to me. it tasted, to put it as your SWMBO says, like fruity pebbles. nice floral nose, but not a huge scent, and a nice hoppy flavor without excessive bitterness. interesting fruit flavor from the hops though

Back