Another Foam Problem. HELP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SevenFields

Reaction score
I pulled my first pints from my Sanyo kegerator w/perlicks today, but I get alot of foam. And not just on the first pint, all of them.
I forced carbed at my serving pressure at 11psi for 2 weeks. My beer lines are 8ft and the inside temp is 40F.
I have two beers on tap right now. One is a NB Phat Tyre clone and the other is NB Patersbier. For some reason the Phat Tyre doesnt foam as bad as the Patersbier, but it still foams more than it should.
The only thing I think of is that tower is too warm and I need to install a blower to move cold air from the bottom into the tower.
Would this fix my problem? Any ideas?

Cut the lines back to 5' and you will be fine. My kegerator works great without a blower pushing cold air into the tower. I get a little foam as soon as the tap opens but then its nothing but a beautiful pour.

what size is the beer line? 3/16 or 1/4? also make sure the corneys have good seals, someone had a bad oring between the beer out post and the dip tube, caused loads of foaming, the oring goes on the tube not above it, that was another foaming problem. on my unbalanced system I solved my foam issues by adding two of those epoxy mixer thingys to each keg, I now get a warm tower first pour quarter to half glass of foam, then its smoothe sailing after that once the lines and faucet cool off.

I'm having the same problem with a Bavarian Wheat I have on tap right now. I'm too busy with exams to fix the issue right now but I'm almost certain it is the o-ring on the dip tube or the "Beer out" post.

You know it has nothing to do with the beer being over carbonated.
Your beer line is certainly long, cold and sufficiently narrow enough to provide a great pour.
Hopefully you're opening up the tap all the way when you pour...

Try replacing the dip tube o-rings first and if that doesn't solve the problem replace the o-rings on the "Beer out" posts.

All the Orings are brand new so I dont think that is the problem.
Im going to try to find away to cool the inside of the tower more.
If I pop the lid off of the tower and feel the lines, they are room temp, compared to the inside of the fridge where my kegs and lines are 40F.

I wouldn't cut the lines. I run 8' lines, 43F in my keezer and get great pours at 10-12psi.

I'd make sure you have no obstructions first.
Second, how long does it take to pour a pint? It should be slow, not fast. your regulator might not be giving a good read is my thought.

keeping the tower cool might help, and make sure the faucet is wide open.

I made a fan box from a 12VDC computer fan, project box and tubing.
This solved my problem, and I now get the perfect poor every time, even on the 1st poor!

Back