Since we have a pile of Socal members

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm down! Name a time and a place and I'll try to make it, I love grillin' and I love drinkin' and I especially love trying other peoples homebrew.

I've got a deck, a grill and a keezer for those who keg. I am south though (Lemon Grove) so might not be the best choice for a socal gathering. I'd be down for doing something though. If nothing else but to get everyone in touch with each other and maybe start something regular.

Well I am close to you but that means I am just as out of the way for everyone else, for those LA, Orange County and San Bernardino areas. I wonder if anyone else from SoCal on HBT knows about this section of the forum? I just found it today.

Pretty sure it was just created today, lol. This was the first, and only, post until they started moving stuff into it from other sections of the forum.

I figured those who bookmarked the "new posts" link and use that to view the forums, like I do, would see my post anyway.

This is a great addition to the forums. I'm down for beer swapping, I live in clairemont. I'll have out my Tall Dark and Hoppy black IPA soon. Picking up some ingredients for my next batch today @ homebrew mart in linda vista which will be a pale ale. Down the line a big brewday sounds like a good idea.

Im definitely game for this. I will be bottling a 12 pack of my Imperial March Imperial IPA tomorrow and kegging the rest.

I'm 5 minutes Northwest of downtown LA.

I just got a batch of apfelwein started, and I am letting my accidental 1.090 OG Pliny chug away. My Kolsch clone just started lagering as well. I think I have the most full fermenters I've ever had! In other words, soon I'll have lots of booze ready.

I am still a padawan when it comes to brewing, but would totally be down for something like this, I would love the opportunity to learn from Jedi Knights, but seriously I am in Riverside just let me know the date and time.

Hey Scruffy! Im in PB, and I too hit up the Home Brew Mart on Linda vista. I'm only on extract still as I'm only on my second batch. Once I get the hang better I would love to chat and trade some brews. I must warn you I'm only a kid ;)

I think this is a great idea. Fun way to find a new tasting panel right.

It's not like we can use winter weather as an excuse not to gather

Hey Scruffy! Im in PB, and I too hit up the Home Brew Mart on Linda vista. I'm only on extract still as I'm only on my second batch. Once I get the hang better I would love to chat and trade some brews. I must warn you I'm only a kid ;)

hope you're over 21...

anyways, homebrewmart is where I get a bulk of my supplies since I get a 10% discount there. However, bestdamnbrewmart in downtown has the benefit of their amazing beer selection when I shop there, plus they have citra, simcoe, nelson, and other hard to find hops that HBM doesn't.

keesh said:
hope you're over 21...

anyways, homebrewmart is where I get a bulk of my supplies since I get a 10% discount there. However, bestdamnbrewmart in downtown has the benefit of their amazing beer selection when I shop there, plus they have citra, simcoe, nelson, and other hard to find hops that HBM doesn't.

are you a club member Keesh?

If so which one?

Yes I'm 23, but I was just saying kid cause I feel like most home brewers are out of school and have an actual job which I do not yet. Come this summer I will be entering the real world.

I'll have to check out the other store because I was a little disappointed Hbm did not have the hops I was looking for last time.

I'm in santee. I too am up for get togethers and beer swaps. Also interested in beer clubs any ideas?

Hi all. I'll throw my hat in the SoCal ring.

I have brewed off and on over the years, but finally am fully embracing my love for it. This year I switched to all grain as well as 10 gallon batches.

Anyhow, would be great to meet up.:tank:

Cheers!

keesh said:
Are you referring to when I said I got a discount? It is from working in the service industry. Unfortunately I haven't joined any clubs yet, but I am planning on doing it soon.

That was what I was referring too.

I think we could let this plan develop forever or plan something. I live in Vista and would gladly host a gathering up here or if that isn't convenient we could meet somewhere more central.

I'm headed to the Tap Room Anniversary Party tomorrow in PB. Anybody else going?

I would go but I work weekend evenings, that is why I am hesitant to speak up on setting up a meeting. If someone decides to go ahead and get the ball rolling I will do my best to be there, I could even pick up some folks since I drive an SUV.

Ok. I'll take the lead. We'll tackle one issue at a time. Location first. I have seen responses from all over the county. So we can either do a rotation of volunteer hosts, or meet at one semi central location that makes sense. I think a place like the Tap Room in PB, or urbn in North Park would serve us well. A place with plenty on tap. In fact Tap Room tapped a Pliny the Younger yesterday.

So my vote is to have a single location. If we do it regularly we are likely to get to know them, and them us. That usually leads to deals and inside info on upcoming taps.:drunk::rockin::tank::mug:

I'm in Fontana I'd love to get together. I would have too save my pennies since we started a new budget in the household. Don't mind San Diego north county would be easier for me. But I have never been to many other bars down south.

I second the motion to decide on a central location. Obriens is another option as well. As for time: I vote 3rd sat of the month. Any other opinions?

3rd Saturday of the month would be great except I'm out of town on that weekend this month. So selfishly I nominate the second Saturday of every month since i will be available then.

I think that Tap Room or O'Briens are great ideas the only issue I see is sometimes those sort of places aren't really all that open to us bringing homebrew in.

Haha! Well since I'm gonna be in Monterey on the second sat this month I selfishly nominate the 4th sat of this month! As far as bringing in the beer well I guess we could swap bottles take them home and do the taste test in the comfort of our own homes.

The wife mention that maybe a picnic style meetup would benefit the family's a little better than a bar. Plus we could cook out. I got a haus pale ale in ferm a IIPA in secondary and a blonde I have had in bottles for 7 days do I'd vote April for a cook out. That way I could bring a few brews to let people try and give me feedback

jdjtexas said:
Haha! Well since I'm gonna be in Monterey on the second sat this month I selfishly nominate the 4th sat of this month! As far as bringing in the beer well I guess we could swap bottles take them home and do the taste test in the comfort of our own homes.

The wife mention that maybe a picnic style meetup would benefit the family's a little better than a bar. Plus we could cook out. I got a haus pale ale in ferm a IIPA in secondary and a blonde I have had in bottles for 7 days do I'd vote April for a cook out. That way I could bring a few brews to let people try and give me feedback

Still gone on that 4th Saturday sooooo what if we did the last Saturday of every month? It would technically be the 4th Saturday most months but in March it would be the 5th. That way we have all sorts of time to build the hype for this event?

BBQ sounds great! That could be reason enough to host at someone's home. As I said before I volunteer to host all of you weirdos at my place but I live in Vista so as long as most of you dont mind the drive to North County, I'm good with it.

Last Saturday of every month... Perfect. I like the idea of house or park. Park is better for me sometimes cause I got a little walking tornado in the house. So let's decided on a place by the 15 th and whatever is decided lets make it happen.

Picnic sounds great too. Just gotta keep the bottles on the lo-lo around the po-po. Speaking of..... has anyone seen or heard Toby Kieth's 'Red Solo Cup' song? Look it up on youtube.

Anyhow, picnic's are cool, but only once in a while. I'm down for rotating Escondido, Carlsbad and central SD spots. That way we can sample taps around the County and people in Temecula or OC ^ don't get totally hosed.

I like the idea of bringing a brew, but I am certainly not worthy.

And I can do any day of the week/month.

Well I'm not much of a leader, but if I had to comment I'd say personally I'd like to do more of a BBQ thing since that way people can bring food and beer, whereas going to a bar you would need to order food and beer. The latter doesn't really seem like a homebrew meetup, more like a bunch of dudes hanging out (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). If we did do a BBQ, I'd be willing to throw down for paper plates and dixie cups so the host wouldn't be stuck with a pile of dishes. Hell, I'd even bring my charcoal grill if needed.

In any case, I'm down for anything, though I'll be out of town for my mom's birthday on the 24/25th which is a Sat/Sun.

If I can get off whatever day we decide on (I work in a restaurant so I usually work weekends but this sounds like a worthy cause to take the day off for) I wouldn't mind being a DD, I drive a Jeep Cherokee so I could take along up to 4 other people from Central SD to Vista, which would be ideal since we could all chip in on gas (4.40 a gallon? are you ****in' kidding me?). It sounds like your place, silverbrews, is starting to look like the designated place, though Tom sounded like he was willing to host as well. The thing is that silverbrew's spot is closer to Orange County and LA, so that might make it a bit more likely for those folks to come and meet up. Tom is closer to me, being in Lemon Grove, so if I had to selfishly comment I'd say we should meet there (that way I could drink and have SWMBO pick me up) but I am willing to sacrifice for the good of the cause.

edit: also, funny you should call me keeshond, a friend of mine started calling me that (my nickname is keesh with a certain group of friends) when she was texting me and her phone autocorrected it to keeshond.

ninja edit 2: if this is really going down then I am glad I am brewing tomorrow, if all goes well I'll have 4 different beers to bring (my smash pale, pliny clone, kolsch, and tomorrow I will be doing biermuncher's centennial blonde)

Back