Stuck fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchboy62

Reaction score
My strawberry wine seems to have stopped fermenting. The airlock is still bubbling but the s.g. hasnt moved from 1.052 in wellover a week. Im new at this and woul appreciate any help. I was thinking maybe yeast nutrient or maybe repitching the yeast. Any ideas

Only thing I can think of is to check your hydrometer....consider this a bump. Good luck.

the recipe was 7qts strawberries
4 lemons
10 lbs sugar
lavlin 71b-1122 yeast
sg 1.112

adolphus i noticed you r making a test batch of twisted tea clone where did you find the recipe and may i have it

its a stretch but is your temp fluctuating? I am having a similar situation with my apfelwein. I believe my problem is being caused by bubbles that are congregating at the bottom of my hydrometer, lifting it artificially high. Perhaps check that and/or the temp.

everything is in my basement so the temp is pretty stable and i try and tip the hydrometer tube when filling to prevent bubbles

Back