Cigar thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you smoke cigars with your home brew?

• Yes, a match made in heven!

• I smoke cigars, just not with my home brew.

• No, I don't appreciate cigars, But Hooray Home brew

Results are only viewable after voting.

muse435

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
When I crack open a nice hombrew and relax on my balconey there is nothing i like better to accent my beer than a wonderful cigar. I could be wrong but I'm guessing I am not the only one on here that feels the same way. I feel that I know a decent bit about cigars but love reading about little tricks and new cigars. When I have questions about things I have to find some one to talk to and see if they know the answer. I have seen other forum dedicated to cigars but I am not a member on any of them. Long story short, what about having single thread dedicated to cigars. If I'm the only one who feels this way then i will shut up. Just a thought as I enjoy my LFD Double Ligero and a home brew :mug:

How about the option: "No, I appreciate cigars, I just don't smoke them"

I love the smell, I just don't smoke any.

I think the idea of a nice cigar with a Bourbon County Stout sounds like heaven. I just couldn't tell you if it actually is :D

How about the option: "No, I appreciate cigars, I just don't smoke them"

+1

I smoke cigars very VERY rarely, and never tried with with a homebrew, but I've noticed the cigar smell overpowers any aroma (and to a limited extent taste) from beers I was drinking at the time. Could just be me.

I enjoy a nice cigar every now and then, I have a humidor filled with CAO, Patron, Monticristo, and a few assorted Cubans I brought back from a cruise a few years back.

I find myself heading to my pipe rack lately, some nice pipe tobacco and a homebrew are a magical duo. My Saison and a pipe of buttered rum tobacco are on tonights menu.

Usually the only times I smoke cigars is when I am fishing or camping.

Rapt0rBrown said:
No, you are not alone. I like a good homebrew or craft beer to compliment my cigar.

Don't you mean you like a good cigar to compliment your homebrew?

I pair cigars with beer a couple of times a weekend.

IMG00063-20110619-2010.jpg

Love me a good cigar. About once a week the guys from work get together after shift and have "cigar and scotch night"

I usually smoke R&J or Gloria Cubana but I picked up a 5 pack of some Cohibas and tried one last night. Not too bad.

Love me a good cigar. About once a week the guys from work get together after shift and have "cigar and scotch night"

I usually smoke R&J or Gloria Cubana but I picked up a 5 pack of some Cohibas and tried one last night. Not too bad.

Those Gloria's are good. I've found that cigars are a lot like craft beers. Once you rget exposed to the "craft" cigars you neever go back to the more mass produced and marketed cigars.

JLW said:
Those Gloria's are good. I've found that cigars are a lot like craft beers. Once you rget exposed to the "craft" cigars you neever go back to the more mass produced and marketed cigars.

Yup, totally agree with you. I don't smoke cigars everyday so when I do I don't mind spending an extra couple of bucks to have what I really enjoy.

Yup, totally agree with you. I don't smoke cigars everyday so when I do I don't mind spending an extra couple of bucks to have what I really enjoy.

Yep, I have a small cigar shop here that I frequent more boutique that mainstream. He has leather couch and chairs and baseball is always on. I'll be firing a stick up here in a few.

JLW said:
Yep, I have a small cigar shop here that I frequent more boutique that mainstream. He has leather couch and chairs and baseball is always on. I'll be firing a stick up here in a few.

Yup same here. Im doing a brisket overnight in the smoker and should be starting the fire soon. Once the meat goes on, I'll probably light up a stick and grab some scotch. I call it "Ryan time"

I usually burn one while boiling up a batch of brew. Love the Padilla 1925s.

My second to last 1987 Dunhill went up in smoke last night, I bought a box for my bachelor party, the vast majority were smoked between july 26th 2000, and on my wedding night, August 1st 2000. Such a fantastic smoke...

That last one is for my 25th anniversary....

I love sitting out on the deck at night with a small fire going and enjoying a good cigar and home brew.

My humidor is in need of being restocked, but I usually have cigars from Monticristo and Arturo Fuente in there along with a wide assortment of others.

At the end of the season for my softball league, we'll have a cigar and poker night with a couple of kegs of home brew.

If you like La Gloria Cubana, I highly recommend the Serie R #5's

If you like La Gloria Cubana, I highly recommend the Serie R #5's

Ditto. One of my favorites. My shop doesn't have any in right now. Hope they get them soon. I haven't smoked one of those for awhile.

I definitely enjoy a good cigar, but usually with a nice scotch or rum... I have found that a nice IPA, or even an ESP, can pair pretty well with a nice peppery stick, but usually I find the cigar just overpowers the beer and I don't get as much enjoyment out of either...

Well, sorry to burst the OP's bubble, but this isn't the first cigar thread on HBT!:)

Personally, I might smoke a cigar every once in a great while, but I'm also more of a pipe man. Matching it with a good homebrew or craft beer is always a great evening. Last night I enjoyed a Belhaven Scottish Ale and a bowl of Boswell's Christmas Cookie.

I did see a number of people enjoying cigars at NHC. I didn’t see anyone else smoking a pipe though and might have been the only one there. Cigars do have advantages in certain instances and are nice to pick up on a whim or for a pending event, but I’ve also figured out that it takes a bit more effort to store them properly.

Subscribed. I love a good cigar and homebrew on the back porch. I have been having a fun time trying different pairings, lately its been my dunkel and 5-vegas gold maduro (got a great deal on a box at cigarsinternational).

I do enjoy a nice Macanudo Crystal or a Montecristo with a good brew.

beerloaf

Nice thread.

I am not much of a cigar smoker, but the BN did a show a little while back about pairing cigars and beer and it spiked my interest.

I wish I could remember what brand of cigars I paired with the beers, but I do know they had a very light wrapper, and the flavor was more sweet than earthy. I found the best pairings were made with a Brooklyn Monster English-style Barley Wine and a Victory Storm King RIS.

I did try a cigar with some of my more hop-forward homebrews, but I found the intensity of the hops clashed with the smoke.

Joe

Might be bringing this back from the dead, but i am throughly enjoying a murduro with a RIS right now.

If you are a cigar smoker, you may want to check out j&rs cigars. Ordered for the first time and love their brand knock offs. I cant imagine why i wait so long.

Might be bringing this back from the dead, but i am throughly enjoying a murduro with a RIS right now.

If you are a cigar smoker, you may want to check out j&rs cigars. Ordered for the first time and love their brand knock offs. I cant imagine why i wait so long.

I agree I like pairing cigars with stouts.

I don't often smoke cigars, but when I do I thoroughly enjoy them.

I live in Colorado, a very dry climate and want to get a humidor to promote the hobby. Is there a particular brand/style I should look at? I know that whatever I get will require a decent amount of upkeep based upon the climate, but don't know a whole lot.

Thanks,
Dave

P.S. I am getting married later on this year and plan on putting it on my registry (amazon.com) so price is only somewhat of an object and one that can be found on Amazon.com is a plus.

I don't often smoke cigars, but when I do I thoroughly enjoy them.

I live in Colorado, a very dry climate and want to get a humidor to promote the hobby. Is there a particular brand/style I should look at? I know that whatever I get will require a decent amount of upkeep based upon the climate, but don't know a whole lot.

Thanks,
Dave

P.S. I am getting married later on this year and plan on putting it on my registry (amazon.com) so price is only somewhat of an object and one that can be found on Amazon.com is a plus.

Make sure to get one with spanish cedar. Helps fight bacteria and enhances cigar flavors. I bought one off of Amazon for $40 with a dial gauge on the front and a glass top. If you drop the lid and it slams, not good. If you drop the lid and it makes a swoosh or vaccum type sound, you know you have a good seal.

When I crack open a nice hombrew and relax on my balconey there is nothing i like better to accent my beer than a wonderful cigar. I could be wrong but I'm guessing I am not the only one on here that feels the same way. I feel that I know a decent bit about cigars but love reading about little tricks and new cigars. When I have questions about things I have to find some one to talk to and see if they know the answer. I have seen other forum dedicated to cigars but I am not a member on any of them. Long story short, what about having single thread dedicated to cigars. If I'm the only one who feels this way then i will shut up. Just a thought as I enjoy my LFD Double Ligero and a home brew :mug:

Nothin better than a lime Hefe and a Drew Estate Acid Roam. Crack the bottle, let it breathe a bit, invert in frozen glass and lite up. Makes for a great evening on the telescope.
WCB

Back