Imperial Slavic Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can say I have brewed it from scratch. I added the Honey 3lbs of WildFlower
after acticve Fermentation started. the tasting going in was nice and spicy
it should be done brewing very soon. I would recomend it... you had better plan on a 2L or so starter for this one. if it finishes like it should it will be a
good 10% or better. I say buy it.
it won't be a hop slam but it's worth it.
I'll let you know how it works out.
Cheers:tank:

I ordered the AG kit a couple weeks ago and plan to brew this as a partial mash. Substituting some DME for 5lbs of grain (limited by my mash tun atm). Should be brewing it this week or next.

I previously brewed their Double IPA and it was one of my favorite beers. So I have high hope for the Imperial Slavic.

I just racked this Imperial Slavic Ale to my secondary but when I did my taste test it tasted very sweet. Should I be concerned? I have never tasted a beer going into my seconday with this much sweetness.

My OG was only 1.060 and when I racked it was 1.010

I bottled about four weeks ago and cracked one open lat night during the Red wings game. I was very excited to taste this monster of a beer but I was not impressed!

Way to sweet and no hop flavor or smell came from this beer. Not sure what the hell went wrong. I now have two cases of liquid sugar that I will more than likely give to others that come over to see what they think.

Any thoughts of what coould have gon wrong or I would like to hear from others that brewed this beer.

When you measured 1.060 it was before you added the 3# of honey so you O.G. would have been higher than 1.060 correct?

Back