Illinois Brewers, let's unite!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheesefood said:
Any of you planning on hitting this?

http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/9911

It's in Plainfield, so I expect a few of you have no excuse. If anyone else is planning to go, I'll gladly meet you there.

I asked SWMBO about it - we're questionable at the moment. Of course, I always have the two little monsters as an excuse, but I'm gonna try.

If it's a HBT guy's get-together, my chances are probably better

DAMMIT. I'm going to be in Vegas on the 30th. I'm returning on the 30th, but won't be back until 9 pm. Otherwise, I'd take the 3 1/2 hour or so ride to go. Plus, would love to meet some other Illinois brewers on here.

Oh well, maybe next time.

I like the idea of a group brew.

Biermann said:
DAMMIT. I'm going to be in Vegas on the 30th. I'm returning on the 30th, but won't be back until 9 pm. Otherwise, I'd take the 3 1/2 hour or so ride to go. Plus, would love to meet some other Illinois brewers on here.

Oh well, maybe next time.

I like the idea of a group brew.

Plainfield is 2 hours from Peoria. Take 116 to 55 north to 26. Puts you right there in no time.

I'm gonna give it my best shot. If we've got a group going, I'll probably be able to swing it

Gonna have to wait and see. Work has a bunch of after hours stuff that I have to be at, so it's touch and go as of right now...

Ize

Damn, I can't make it and it's right in my own backyard... sort of. I'll be in Rochelle, IL that day for a railroad related thing (my other hobby) with some other model railroaders. Unless it happens to rain that day (it's outdoors), that's where I'll be.

I went to Wine & Cheese by TCC out of curiosity a few weeks ago and found their beer selection to be limited. They do have a good price on La Fin du Monde and have some out-of-the-ordinary selections. But I had hoped for more. If you're driving down from Schaumburg, you might be disappointed. OTOH, there are some good bars and eateries right there within walking distance that might make the drive worthwhile. O'Sullivan's Irish Pub, Front Street Cantina and Lazy Lizard Grille are three favorites. O'Sullivan's and Front Street have a good selection on tap.

For anyone interested, I'm going to Naperville's Oktoberfest on Saturday, October 7th. I go every year.
:mug:

Rhoobarb said:
If you're driving down from Schaumburg, you might be disappointed.

My parents live in Joliet, so I can always head just a little further down 59 if I need to validate the trip.

Cheesefood said:
Yep. Where did you go to HS? I went to West.

Oh, I probably shouldn't then. I only went there Frosh and Soph before moving back to St. Louis... So don't hold it against me. :D

It was still Joliet Catholic back then, before it became some f'd up conglomeration of St Francis and JCHS....

If I remember correctly the rivalry between JCHS and West was pretty intense back then tho.

Ize

Ize said:
If I remember correctly the rivalry between JCHS and West was pretty intense back then tho.

Ize

Still is, but I never cared about that. Catholic stomped on West each year.

I didn't either. I was to busy destroying brain cells before and after school. :drunk:

A good friend of mine's parents owned a tavern down the street from school. (Dane & Maria's, no idea if it's even still there) He used to lift sixers of Heinekens which always went good with bingers before and after school.

Ize

Ize said:
I didn't either. I was to busy destroying brain cells before and after school. :drunk:

A good friend of mine's parents owned a tavern down the street from school. (Dane & Maria's, no idea if it's even still there) He used to lift sixers of Heinekens which always went good with bingers before and after school.

Ize

I only know two bars in that part of town - The Lumpy Pickle and O'Charlie's. There are probably three dozen bars in between those two.

Back