Mirror Pond Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BennyN

Reaction score
This is always a great after work beer and I love that cascade hop aroma. Plus, it's almost always in the $6.99 range. That's pretty much the same price the fizzy yellow wuss boys at Coors charge! This and Sierra Nevada are my go to beers when I'm just kicking back and watching some basketball.

Yeah, this was one of the earlier craft beers I was introduced to, and one of the first moments where I realized not all beer tasted like piss.

Good beer, drink a lot of it, however...

How the hell does this beer keep winning in the "Classic English Pale Ale" category at the GABF??!! How are citrusy cascade hops ANYTHING like the "earthy, herbal English-variety hop character" that this style is judged on?! The same is true for Summit Extra Pale Ale... does this country have one reasonably authentic "English" pale ale, or do we all think cascade and centennial are English hop varieties?

:mad:

Back