Gabf 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m_c_zero

Reaction score
Tickets go on sale 7/30 for AHA members and 7/31 for public. Who's thinking of going this year?

I went to the member only Saturday day session last year. Was kind of strange being wasted and it only being 5PM when it let out...

I go to the Saturday session every year now. Planning on scheduling HBT get-togethers closer to the actual event. Would love to meet some of the great HBT home brewers. Dry Dock is not to far from downtown Denver, my favorite local, though there are many other fantastic venues in Denver.

As for being wasted on a Saturday at 5, that's just a great weekend.

I have been looking forward to gabf this year. I have never been but am about to join the AHA and get my tickets during pre-sale. Any suggestions on what days to go to or things you learned are good to do/avoid from previous years?

Other than the members session should I buy tickets for another? Friday probably... As long as I'm making the trip

Iansir said:
Other than the members session should I buy tickets for another? Friday probably... As long as I'm making the trip

Im thinking just the members only session. Cant see why going to more than one day is needed if its just more of the same.

I just joined the aha by the deadline to be eligible for the pre-sale. I'm just curious how they verify you are eligible? Because I don't have a card yet.

There is an 8 digit account number on my receipt. Could that be my member number. I'm also going to try calling them again.

Just confirmed my member number. Thanks for the help. I was freaking out.

Not necessarily. It's improved over the last few years. It used to be that Saturday night was the fratboy party night and it's still a little like that but Friday night last year was pretty good. I went to all 4 sessions last year. This year I'm aiming for the Thursday and Saturday afternoon.

Same plan here. Everything I've heard says Fri night and Sat night are absolute sh*t shows.

I would disagree on Friday night anyway. But hey, you put 13-15k people in one place with unlimited beer, some are going to be stupid. Also, would you idiots stop yelling everytime someone drops a cup!:off:

just curious, how is the public transit system? I'm flying in and will probably rent a car but would prefer to take PT if possible.

Not necessarily. It's improved over the last few years. It used to be that Saturday night was the fratboy party night and it's still a little like that but Friday night last year was pretty good. I went to all 4 sessions last year. This year I'm aiming for the Thursday and Saturday afternoon.

you sir, are a beast. hahaha

YEP ticketmaster ****S it again. **** THEM!!!! Convenience fee for doing nothing. I enter my member number and it says invalid

The GABF is nothing more than an industry party where they patronize themselves with meaningless award plaques.

They charge small breweries way too much money to participate. The only thing the GABF is interested in is making money.

Yup, no working for me either using the 9000 number. Such bullsh1t that they cant ever get this right.

My AHA code went through for Thursday session tickets, but not for members-only. My friends are having issues with it too.

Back