Let's see your ugly junk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Short Drive

Brewer Baseball!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's mine. I know everybody has some, let's see it.

5888-Picture14045copy.jpg

Sorry dude, but posting your keg pic here after Biermuncher has already posted his is like trying to tell a story about having a single wisdom tooth pulled. Not so much impact.

Pfffft... that junk is rather pretty compared to some of the other junk that I've seen posted here.

BlindLemonLars said:
Oh, the humanities! That is tragic...

I like the pencil on the floor. It suggests that some planning actually went into this project.

Looks like at one point he used a door-knob hole saw.

Cheesefood said:
Looks like at one point he used a door-knob hole saw.

"Why isn't this working? Oh, sh*t, this keg isn't made out of wood, is it?"

Hey, this guy has proven that not only is it hard to see staight when you're drunk, it's hard to see circles, too.

You are f*$#ing hilarious, and I agree that keggle would be no where near as unique without the perfectly plotted and drill pilot holes

the_bird said:
Now, if you'd like to share your "junk in the trunk," go right ahead!

As as matter of fact, it has happened. You guys just all missed it! There may be someone around here who remembers it, though.

But, does this count as ugly junk?

showimage.php

the_bird said:
I remember you pole dancing!

Haha- that's right. I almost forgot that one. There is another one though........it was a top secret one. If you ask the right person, you might find out about it!

Ok, what about this "junk"- my brewing "sculpture":

DSCF0085-1.JPG

The fact that you posted Junk pictures when I wasn't there to enjoy only goes to prove you're a horrible human being.

You know how I can tell you're a UPer? There's an ad for sweatshirts on TV. Cheap sweatshirts.

OK here's mine:

My lagering freezer, and a couple old bench cappers a friend gave me.

fridge (2).jpg

That freezer it is so old, it was made by International Harvester! I've got to get a new one, that old hog must make my service meter spin like a top! Thankfully, winter's here, and I won't need it for a while.

Oh, BTW, the cappers still work, sort of.........

Bobby_M said:
posting your keg pic here after Biermuncher has already posted his is like trying to tell a story about having a single wisdom tooth pulled.

You mean like this one, where I announced my single tooth removal right after someone had a kid?

the_bird said:
Now, if you'd like to share your "junk in the trunk," go right ahead!

This is the 'ugly junk' thread. You're looking for the 'Yooper junk' thread. I don't think we get that until 5,000.

Fingers said:
From CFC to immersion? That seems backwards. Enlighten me, oh he who manufactures.
That's not really an immersion chiller. It's a CFC without the counterflow part. I actually used the KISS principle here. I only need the single pump to make it work. It chills wort as fast as I can transfer it.

Fingers said:
This is the 'ugly junk' thread. You're looking for the 'Yooper junk' thread. I don't think we get that until 5,000.

Oh, believe me, "Yooper Junk" qualifies as "Ugly Junk". Kind of like Biermuncher's keggle- it ain't pretty but it gets the job done.

Oh man this thread has been entertaining. Sorry BM but your keggle made me lol :p

I probably would've done the same thing to be honest. I don't have any ugly junk yet, so I guess I don't DIY enough. I'll have to change that...

I hate to admit it, but I think I've got even BierMuncher beat....

4050-IMG_5480.JPG

This was my FIRST, very quick permutation of the dual-coil wort chiller. I have cleaned it up considerably, it's got proper input and output tubes, and has a lot more substance overall. But, this was before I had learned to solder, before I had learned about McMaster and its offerings of small copper couplers (can't find 1/8" pieces at the Depot).

You can also see my ugly kitchen (next on the "big projects" list and a dirty sink, for good measure! Oh, as well as a nearly-completely worthless electric turkey fryer.

paulthenurse said:
You don't need to appologize for your kitchen, Bird. Just look around and ask yourself, "What would Bob Villa do?"

Bob Villa would act like a total diva, get in the way of his contractors, demand too much money, start making sh*tty shows and whore his soul to Craftsman tools.

You mean what Tommy Silva would do? ;)

the_bird said:
Bob Villa would act like a total diva, get in the way of his contractors, demand too much money, start making sh*tty shows and whore his soul to Craftsman tools.

You mean what Tommy Silva would do? ;)

Tommy Silva would ramble endlessly about nothing in an accent that only Bird could understand. The real question is what would Tim the Tool Man do???:D

Short Drive said:
The real question is what would Red Green and Tim Taylor do? I can see it now duct tape and more power. Bird, they'll fix that stove.:rockin:

The concept of Red Green and Tim Taylor in collaberation makes me think of "The Andy Scale" letter, from Car Talk.

Andy R.
Marlboro, VT 05344

Dear Click and Clack,

I am writing to offer profound thanks to you for resolving an important philosophical question that has been heatedly debated for the last twenty years. The rumination began on a construction site one summer in the early 1970's, as my friend Jamie and I were working our way through college. The question we raised and have agonized over, lo these many years, is one that I've never read about in any philosophical treatise, and yet I have found it has applied to countless situations and conversations overheard in bars, repair shops, sporting events, political debates, etc. etc. etc.

Posit the question: Do two people who don't know what they are talking about know more or less than one person who doesn't know what he's talking about? (Pardon the un-PC masculine pronoun, but I have found this to be, most predominately, a male phenomenon.)

In your recent conversations regarding electric brakes on a cattle carrier, I believe you definitely answered this query and have put our debate to rest. Amazingly enough, you proved that even in a case where one person might know nothing about a subject, it is possible for two people to know even less!

One person will only go so far out on a limb in his construction of deeply hypothetical structures, and will often end with a shrug or a raising of hands to indicate the dismissability of his particular take on a subject. With two people, the intricacies, the gives and takes, the wherefores and why-nots, can become a veritable pas-de-deux of breathtaking speculation, interwoven in such a way that apologies or gestures of doubt are rendered unnecessary.

I had always suspected this was the case, but no argument I could have built from my years of observation would have so satisfyingly closed the door on the subject as your performance on the cattle carrier call. To begin your comments by saying, "We'll answer your question if you tell us how electric brakes work" and "We've never heard of electric brakes" and then indulge in lengthy theoretical hypostulations on the whys and wherefores of the caller's problem allowed me to observe that you were finally putting this gnarly question to rest.

I am forever indebted to you for the great service you have performed! I'm truly impressed that it took so many years of listening to your show to finally have this matter resolved.
Sincerely,
Andy R.

Short Drive said:
The real question is what would Red Green and Tim Taylor do? I can see it now duct tape and more power. Bird, they'll fix that stove.:rockin:

LOL a few (maybe 10) years ago a friend and i dressed up as Red Green and Harold for Halloween. I was Red, he was Harold. At one bar we bumped into someone dressed as Tim the Tool man. We sat and drank all night. What a blast!

BTW, Red Green wouldn't fix the stove, he would turn it into a man cave or something like that. Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

YooperBrew said:
Oh, believe me, "Yooper Junk" qualifies as "Ugly Junk". Kind of like Biermuncher's keggle- it ain't pretty but it gets the job done.
Why am I not buying this? I'm betting ther ain't nothing wrong with your junk. :mug:

Back