What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last glass of a homebrew Cal Common

image-149484725.jpg

Drinking Stone mint chocolate imperial stout...
A little too syrupy at first with the mint for me..
After letting this warm up, I'm digging this more...
Great dessert beer..
Vanilla ice cream is a must with this beer....thank me later..
Igotsand

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Courtesy of Weirdboy! Appreciate this one, bud. Not a brewery I would've thought to seek out, but a very nice, and super hoppy IPA. We had some guests over on Saturday for some brewing and tasting, and enjoyed a few of the others. Thanks again!! :mug:

I like this one alot, too. Its seen rapid increase in distribution here, so I could walk relatively anywhere and pick up one, semifresh bottle.
Picked up a fresh sixer of Little Sumpin Sumpin, and it is amazing.

Courtesy of Weirdboy! Appreciate this one, bud. Not a brewery I would've thought to seek out, but a very nice, and super hoppy IPA. We had some guests over on Saturday for some brewing and tasting, and enjoyed a few of the others. Thanks again!! :mug:
View attachment 80555

Yeah, I tried to find a bottle of Port Mongo, too, but nobody had it. I have had it on tap recently, but no bottles to be had, unfortunately.

Homebrewed hard limeade with tea in secondary. 11.1% The tea in secondary really killed the apparent alcohol. I will definitely be making this again. The one on the right is the one with the tea.

limeadeandlimeadewtea.jpg

Yeah, I tried to find a bottle of Port Mongo, too, but nobody had it. I have had it on tap recently, but no bottles to be had, unfortunately.

I'm sold on Port based on just the Wipe Out!! Is Mongo the IIPA? That's gotta be amazing!!

This has to be my favorite (commercial) fresh hops brew this year. I had a couple home-brewed examples at last week's club meeting that were off the f'n hook. I'm a total Deschutes fanboy, so there's bias, but I think this is one amazing IPA. They use fresh Cascades from Goshie Farms, who apparently has cascades bred from the original rhizome. And with Deschutes' beers, there's always that nice 1968/002 flavor that's oh-so-good (I'm a Fuller's fanboy too).

HPIM1244.jpg

Had a Heavy Sea's Loose Cannon on tap last night. I was shocked when I saw it on the menu. Probably one of my favorites, I've never been a huge IPA guy but there is just something about the flavor of the loose cannon that I love.

JordanThomas said:
Let's go TIGERS!!!!!

Back on topic though...

Had a Bells This One Goes to 11 last night. Pretty fantastic.

Beer always wins!

Bells IPA? Had a two-hearted in az. Ummmmm. No bells out here in ca yet. Lagunitas has been my go to IPA lately.

Beer always wins!

Bells IPA? Had a two-hearted in az. Ummmmm. No bells out here in ca yet. Lagunitas has been my go to IPA lately.

It's not Bells Two-Hearted. It's a new brew to celebrate their 11,000th batch. It's literally called, "This One Goes to 11"

It's an imperial red ale. 11%. It's VERY similar to Lagunitas Lucky 13. Tasty!

Greenflash West Coast IPA.

I just brewed up my first 10 gallon batch yesterday- BierMuncher's kona fire rock pale ale clone. That bad boy pushed my 10 gal igloo to the limit- man oh man did I make a mess. I pitched so5 in half and s04 in the other half as that's what I had on hand- no time to make a starter- let's see which one I like better!!!

weirdboy said:
How about a glass of my coconut porter to go with the coconut porter ice cream I made?

I hope my coconut porter comes out as nice as yours...its bottled conditioning as we speak... did you use your brew for the ice cream?

Mind sharing your ice cream recipe?

I just made a standard vanilla custard base, and took about 5-6oz of my porter and poured it into a pot, heated it up to a boil, dumped in maybe 3/4 cup sugar, and simmered it down to a couple ounces of coconut porter syrup, essentially.

Then I took another 5-6oz of the porter, and after the custard had cooled down to room temp, I added it and the syrup (also cooled down) and whisked it into the custard. Then just I stuck it in the fridge overnight to chill, and this morning I put it into the ice cream maker and turned it into ice cream.

The coconut porter recipe is the one from my recipes thingy under my name, although on this batch I did put in a bit more black patent, and used Thomas Fawcett pale chocolate for the chocolate malt.

weirdboy said:
I just made a standard vanilla custard base, and took about 5-6oz of my porter and poured it into a pot, heated it up to a boil, dumped in maybe 3/4 cup sugar, and simmered it down to a couple ounces of coconut porter syrup, essentially.

Then I took another 5-6oz of the porter, and after the custard had cooled down to room temp, I added it and the syrup (also cooled down) and whisked it into the custard. Then just I stuck it in the fridge overnight to chill, and this morning I put it into the ice cream maker and turned it into ice cream.

The coconut porter recipe is the one from my recipes thingy under my name, although on this batch I did put in a bit more black patent, and used Thomas Fawcett pale chocolate for the chocolate malt.

Thanks. I've been thinking about making some beer ice cream since its been years since my ice cream maker has seen action. You just inspired me to make some very soon.

New Belgium Tart Lychee. I must find some delicious sours. Jolly Pumpkin Weizen Bam opened a door for me and I now want to discover good sours.

I am drinking a Irish Stout sored with an Ale piched with wine yeast.
Tasting great the keg is 1/2 gone after a week.
DrinkUp!!!
Bottle conditioning a tripple I might runout of Beer time to brew another batch.
Any suggetions lots of 2 row and 77 crystal and Columbus Hops?

Firestone Wooley Jack Black Rye IPA and Goose Island's Pere Jacque. Never had a Black Rye IPA before, and now I need a supplier...

A Worthington IPA courtesy of NordeastBrewet77.

I may have to enjoy one of those later, grabbed a few more bottles today. I actually has a young couple who were looking at the English section ask me about it when I grabbed them. Told them that that and the St. Peter's IPA were the two best English IPA's I've had. :mug:

Enjoying this FW offering courtesy of Weirdboy. I've had Double Jack a few times, but this is my first bottle of Union. Very nice, solid malt flavor with some very tasty late hops. Not overly bitter, and very, very good. Thanks. :rockin:
HPIM1245.jpg

Keystones--I know it's like drinking water but it's cheap. It's what I have until my homebrewed pumpkin spiced porter is ready to drink (in about 2-3 weeks). :mug:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
I may have to enjoy one of those later, grabbed a few more bottles today. I actually has a young couple who were looking at the English section ask me about it when I grabbed them. Told them that that and the St. Peter's IPA were the two best English IPA's I've had. :mug:

Enjoying this FW offering courtesy of Weirdboy. I've had Double Jack a few times, but this is my first bottle of Union. Very nice, solid malt flavor with some very tasty late hops. Not overly bitter, and very, very good. Thanks. :rockin:

Sounds like you need more Double Jack!

ForumRunner_20121023_202153.jpg

Opened a Knee Deep Hoptologist, poured myself 5/8ths, then 3/8ths for my wife, and she got frustrated, and we were both busy, so I finished hers warm. There is something off about this, its either old, or there is batch differentiation with this as well as their Simtra.

Back