What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-2659001647.jpg

Nogone O Imperial Brown Ale.Store shelf aged probably a year or 2 at least,lack of demand but for my benefit(sorry sucka's).On sale too,probably to get rid of them.Good stuff though,enjoyed all of nogone o beers so far.

They make very good beers. They are expensive and not a good value, but when you drink it, swill is the last word that comes to mind.

They make a Winter holiday ale with Jolly Pumpkin and Stone that is almost worth $10 a pint unless you can make your own.

They make very good beers. They are expensive and not a good value, but when you drink it, swill is the last word that comes to mind.

They make a Winter holiday ale with Jolly Pumpkin and Stone that is almost worth $10 a pint unless you can make your own.

Actually i think i looked at one (i think)on sale for 4.99 but skipped it and got the imperial brown.I should have known better and just got them both anyways.A winter ale didnt sound appealing at the time i guess,ill have to pick that one up while its still 5 bucks,i bet its aged a few yrs also.
Yeah with the camels on it? I just looked it up.Thats the one,guess i may pick a few up.

Actually i think i looked at one (i think)on sale for 4.99 but skipped it and got the imperial brown.I should have known better and just got them both anyways.A winter ale didnt sound appealing at the time i guess,ill have to pick that one up while its still 5 bucks,i bet its aged a few yrs also.
Yeah with the camels on it? I just looked it up.Thats the one,guess i may pick a few up.

Buy at least two @ $5 each. It's a unique brew, but you have to be a malt/spice/herb beer drinker to enjoy it. It's not a hoppy beer.

Save it until it gets chilly outside. I recall Jolly provides the chestnuts, Stone provides the white sage and I can't remember what Nogne contributed. Stone brewed it last year, but they rotate every year.

I remember the flavor of cardamom too with notes of roasty cola. I've only tasted one beer similar to it, but they don't make it anymore.

Buy at least two @ $5 each. It's a unique brew, but you have to be a malt/spice/herb beer drinker to enjoy it. It's not a hoppy beer.

Save it until it gets chilly outside. I recall Jolly provides the chestnuts, Stone provides the white sage and I can't remember what Nogne contributed. Stone brewed it last year, but they rotate every year.

I remember the flavor of cardamom too with notes of roasty cola. I've only tasted one beer similar to it, but they don't make it anymore.

Retired like the Shati (juniper) which was great. Ill buy em up.I think a good rainy day is a good excuse for a winter ale,:mug: Im pretty confident nobody around here has bought them even on sale.

Retired like the Shati (juniper) which was great. Ill buy em up.I think a good rainy day is a good excuse for a winter ale,:mug: Im pretty confident nobody around here has bought them even on sale.

I hope you like it.

I looked at my notes and the beer that is most similar to the Nogne/Jolly/Stone beer that I've tried is Santas Little Helper by Mikkeller which has a stronger cardamom / roasty cola note. Mikkeller makes it every year, but the recipe is different every year. I think it was a 2010 Santas Little Helper.

The juniper in the Nogne/Stone/Jolly beer wasn't obvious.

I remember buying one pint, drinking it and wishing I had bought more.

YulebeHoppin said:
Pabst blue ribbon. But I'm honest about it.

Nothing wrong with a little pbr (known as gatorade to many skiers)

had a few traditional saisons tonight, campfire is burning low, just switched gears to a big whiskey stout (9.3%)

Just got back from a bar special event. Had Russian River Pliny the Elder, Blind Pig, Consecration, Redemption, Sanctification, Supplication, Damnation, and one for the road with DC Brau's The Corruption. First Russian River beers I've had. Very impressive. Don't think Pliny is worth the hype, but their sours absolutely are.

Just got back from a bar special event. Had Russian River Pliny the Elder, Blind Pig, Consecration, Redemption, Sanctification, Supplication, Damnation, and one for the road with DC Brau's The Corruption. First Russian River beers I've had. Very impressive. Don't think Pliny is worth the hype, but their sours absolutely are.

Russian River and DC Brau at the same bar, sounds like a sweet event!

funkadelicturkey said:
Russian River and DC Brau at the same bar, sounds like a sweet event!

DC Brau in a DC beer bar is to be expected. RR is another story (and if I undserstand correctly all grey market in this case). They were out of both Pliny and Supplication 30 or so mins after opening. Glad I got there early.

What a great 2 days for beer. A new employee arrived from Minnesota and brought me 2 growlers from a brewery in OK, then my BOTM shipment arrived and another employee just relocated from San Diego and brought me $300 worth of San Diego beers not available here. FWIW I pay generously when out of towners bring me beer since I live in beer hell.

I just finished the growler of American wheat from OK, and a Skull Splitter from the BOTM, next up is something from San Diego-maybe a Mo Betta Bretta or a Mission Amber. The choosing is killing me.

corkybstewart said:
What a great 2 days for beer. A new employee arrived from Minnesota and brought me 2 growlers from a brewery in OK, then my BOTM shipment arrived and another employee just relocated from San Diego and brought me $300 worth of San Diego beers not available here. FWIW I pay generously when out of towners bring me beer since I live in beer hell.

I just finished the growler of American wheat from OK, and a Skull Splitter from the BOTM, next up is something from San Diego-maybe a Mo Betta Bretta or a Mission Amber. The choosing is killing me.

Which BOTM do you get skull splitter from?

As for me, drinking a Pliny the Elder....in NY.

Latest posts

Back