Asking for HBT's help in purchasing keg equip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrust

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm hoping to begin my keezer project within the week. I purchased a GE 7.0cf chest freezer that's popular among many members who do keezer conversions.

I will likely go with a collar and would eventually like to have 4 taps, one of which is on nitrogen. As well, the ability to carb an additional fifth keg is a bonus.

I generally prefer to buy quality pieces that are known to last, but I'm also budget conscious. Therefore I'm asking for help in selecting the best pieces for a "reasonable" amount of money.

As well, I'd like to eventually have four secondary regulators for each of the non-nitrogen kegs (3 on tap; 1 force carbing).

For faucets, I'm leaning heavily toward Perlick 575ss, unless there's good reason to consider an alternative.

While I'd like to have new corny kegs, I will be purchasing these used. CL is not an option for me given my rather rural location (in over 8 months of watching none have appeared).

For the time being, I'd like to order a three keg system with the aforementioned Perlicks. I plan to purchase additional kegs and the nitrogen setup at a later date.

I appreciate any and all suggestions!

Finally, I'm hoping to order tomorrow, so any ongoing deals would be welcomed!:rockin:

Check out kegconnection.com I ordered my entire setup from Ben and it was fairly priced, customized for my setup, arrived quickly, and was preassembled for easy mounting in my keezer. I am sure there are other places that could do the same thing but my experience with Ben was awesome.

figure out if 6 ball locks will fit, my GE fits 6 kegs with a little wiggle room but they wouldn't fit if they were pin locks. Mine i picked up off craigslist for $50 so it isn't the newest model out. If ball locks won't fit 6 then i would go with pin locks to save some money.

something from any of the major stores will be fine, i suggest watching craigslist if you have a little time. keg connection has great prices on most of the stuff, farmhousebrewing has great prices on faucets

Thanks for the replies thus far!

Keg connection is certainly high on my list, but it's difficult to piece together a system from their website.

My GE will only fit 5 (4+ 1 on the hump) with a collar. From my research, it appears pin locks are a no go due to space restrictions.

I appreciate the tip on farmhousebrewing. I'll give them a look!

kegconnection has ready-to-go kits....

i bought my 3-tap system from them and couldn't' be happier.

I had the same problem with kegconnection. Their website was not very friendly for someone wanting to customize a system. However, I strongly suggest you pick up the phone and call Ben. I explained to him what I wanted and a short time later he e-mailed me a custom quote.

I agree with kegconnection. I emailed them with the mods I wanted to the 3 keg setup and Ben gave me a quote the next day. Called him up and the order processed. Less than a week later had all my stuff. Now just have to get a freezer and get it pouring that sweet nectar.

I know you've already ordered but I'm just going to join the group (and you) in saying that kegconnection and Ben did an awesome job!
I ordered (what I think of) a highly customized 2 keg setup.

Can't wait to build it this weekend!!

Back