New to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIKE805

Reaction score
I got the party keg set up for christmas and understand the concept. Just got a good deal on 2 soda kegs. What would y'all suggest as a good cleaning agent for both? and what size co2 bottle to push the soda keg?

Clean with pbw, and sanitze with whatever you're using now. I wouldn't go smaller than a 5# tank, unless you're just pushing the beer....if you're force carbing, 2.5# is just too small, imo

Thank you. Almost can't believe I got 2 soda kegs. All there is locally is new. I rescued these from a back yard under a pile of leaves.

heferly said:
Clean with pbw, and sanitze with whatever you're using now. I wouldn't go smaller than a 5# tank, unless you're just pushing the beer....if you're force carbing, 2.5# is just too small, imo

+1 This is what I do and it works for me. I have an 8lb tank, but 5lb should be more than enough.

Back