Ready or not, here I pour. AKA Kegging Rocks.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
I swear, I'm not buying used mechanicals on Ebay or anywhere else. It's new or nothing from now on. I finally took my regulator apart and reassembled enough times to stop the internal leak (about 15 times total). After sanitizing two of a growing collection of cornies, I racked both my Oktoberfest batches. One is a lager that's been lagering for 2.5 months and the other is the same recipe done as an ale which was in secondary for 3 weeks now.

fillingkeg.jpg

I half-ass installed my secondary regs inside the fridge and ran the main line out to the big ol 20 pounder outside.

keggerinside.jpg

tank.jpg

I set the pressures to 11 PSI and it's been sitting overnight. Of course, I couldn't wait to see how quickly it might carb up so I took a pour of the lager since it was already at 35 degrees when I racked. It's actually about half carbed already. Yum.

Bobby_M said:
I set the pressures to 11 PSI and it's been sitting overnight. Of course, I couldn't wait to see how quickly it might carb up so I took a pour of the lager since it was already at 35 degrees when I racked. It's actually about half carbed already. Yum.

Kick that regulator up to 30...pick up your cornies and hold horizontal...give them a good shake for about 45-60 seconds. This will force more carbonation into the brew quicker.

Put em back and set your regulator back down to serving pressure. You'll be sipping perfection this evening

Nice set up by the way...definitely want to fit a couple more kegs in there...get some variety. My Sanyo only holds 2 :( .

I'll do used on a lot of things, but all four of my regulators were purchased new. Not saying I didn't look for the right deal, though.

Yeah, I just got turned on to Marzens this year, and way too late. Screw waiting 9 months. I named them Wheneverfest.

The top shelf of this sucker puts the disconnects really close to the top cooling coils. I might have to put some new supports in to drop that shelf about an inch to get another 3 or 4 kegs in. I definitely need to support it better too because a single 5 gal carboy was cutting it close in weight.

Back