Dry Hop with Noble Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwmgdman

Reaction score
Does anyone ever dry hop with noble hops? I'm thinking a beer with Saaz or Hallertau as a dry hop might be quite tasty. It seems like dry hopping talk is almost always with American or sometimes British hops, I guess as those styles typically see more dry hopping.

They have there place, in most cases noble hops are german hop and most german beers don't have alot of aroma, IMHO. Now a belgium pale ale could be mighty tasty with a dry hop of tett. Hey you might find out something new that turns into the big craze like continuous hop additions.

uwmgdman said:
Does anyone ever dry hop with noble hops? I'm thinking a beer with Saaz or Hallertau as a dry hop might be quite tasty. It seems like dry hopping talk is almost always with American or sometimes British hops, I guess as those styles typically see more dry hopping.

Go for it! Id use more than usuall, the Noble hops are more subtle than say an amarillo.

I've used Saaz, but it takes a lot of it to come through. I think I ended up doing three batches of 1/2 each (for a week) in a Pale.

Magnum is a Hallertau mix that might be interesting.

I've also used Saaz for dryhopping with good results, although the last time was out of necessity because I did not like the finish of my alt.

Back